Natalia

Mexico, Cancun

Hostel

I would like to know if you can help me find a good place to stay in Mexico, I want to travel around the country but I intend to stay longer in Cancun, do you know anywhere cheap and good that I can stay?

Micah from Humacao

Depending on what type of area you are wanting to stay in (city, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, etc), there are a lot of good options. The best resource to find something that fits for you and your budget would be www.airbnb.com, where you can find some very cheap rates and find places like an extra room that someone is renting out. Then there are boutique hotels like Kinbe Hotel in Playa del Carmen near the beach that sometimes have cheaper rates (this was a nice place to stay, but rates are closer to $100 a night, although other ones close by might be sub-100). Another place with a lot of cheaper, eco-friendly boutique type hotels is on the coastal road south of Tulum such as My Tulum Cabañas. The rates on these places can range from 25-75 a night and there are dozens more with similar rates in downtown Tulum also. Rates get more expensive up in Cancun, but if you aren't needing to stay at a luxurious place (since you'll be able to spend your days at gorgeous beaches and locations anyway) you can do Ramada Cancun City for around $50 a night. I've stayed here under previous ownership and its not the nicest hotel, but its serviceable if you are looking to stay some place cheap and enjoy the area. With a little searching, there are also other budget hotels (non-brand name places, etc) along the coast as you go down from Cancun to Tulum, and I've stayed at one place that was around $50 but it had no AC and was in pretty rough condition. Enjoy your travels!

1. Kinbe Hotel (hotel)
  2. My Tulum Cabañas (attraction)
  3. Ramada Cancun City (hotel)

Dana from Burlington (Vermont)

From Cancun,  Tulum is only 90 miles south. You can stay right on the beach from $70 - $350/night, It just depends on what you are looking for.  I would recommend staying on the beach and visiting town. I love Casa VioletaVilla Las Estrellas but I think they are going to be on the pricey side. Check out  La Zebra Luxury CabanasOM Tulum HotelCabanas and Beach Club and  Los Lirios Cabañas

Check out http://locogringo.com/ and http://www.todotulum.com/ they are both great resources.

1. Casa Violeta (hotel)
  2. Villa Las Estrellas (restaurant)
  3. La Zebra Luxury Cabanas (attraction)
  4. OM Tulum HotelCabanas and Beach Club (hotel)
  5. Los Lirios Cabañas (hotel)
  6. Tulum (city)

Kike from Durango (Mexico)

Cancun is not cheap, its better if you go to other state or city, try to find some other beach in the same Quintana Roo

1. Cancun (city)
  2. Quintana Roo (city)