Drive      Fly      Stay      Login    Signup


Mexico City, Reynosa

Passport book or Passport card for air travel within Mexico

My friend and I plan on driving to the airport in Reynosa, from which we will fly to Mexico City. At this point, I have my passport book but she only has a passport card. I know a passport book is necessary for international air travel but I'm not sure if she also needs to get the book to fly within the country. 

Anyone have any ideas or information, it would be helpful.

4 Answers

answered by

You will need only your passport

answered by

For national trips an official ID is required, this may be your national ID card, your visa, passport among others. 

Check the full detail in

hope it helps


answered by

Hi Alyssa, If your flight becomes Domestic, your friend may not need more than her card, but it depends on airline specific rules, it will be better if you check documents area directly on the web site of your airline. 

answered first by

Tricky question. Your best bet is to check directly with the airline although my guess is your friend will be OK to travel given that the passport card is a government-issued ID. Having said that, it's a good idea for your friend to get an actual passport, that way there's no need to deal with these ambiguities as the card is restricted to only land travel.

© 2019   ·   View: Full | Mobile

Follow us:        
Questions   ·   Destinations   ·   Drive   ·   Fly   ·   Airports   ·   Stay   ·   Search

Login   ·   FAQ   ·   About   ·   Feedback   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms