Jean

Mesa Verde National Park

where to fly into

closest larger airport near Mesa Verde?

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

I would fly into Santa Feand take the very scenic drive up through Chama and north to Pagosa Springs then west to Mesa Verde National Park

1. Santa Fe (city)
  2. Chama (city)
  3. Pagosa Springs (attraction)
  4. Mesa Verde National Park (park)

David from Spanish Fork, Utah

Through Denver there are flights to Cortez and Durango that are good easy flights. When I flew to Cortez it was a small prop plane. When I flew to Durango it was a small jet. Even though those are small airports they do have many rental car options. Durango has many hotel options also and is a beautiful area. Mesa Verde National Park is great I hope that you enjoy your visit.

1. Denver (city)
  2. Cortez (city)
  3. Durango (city)
  4. Mesa Verde National Park (park)

It is 6-8 hours to a larger airport. If it was me, l would fly to Las Vegas and rent a car. No less than 2 gallons of water per person in the car at any time in that area. Las Vegas has best car rentals. Denveris 6 hours, boring drive. Albuquerque is closer, you could stay in Santa Fe.

1. Las Vegas (city)
  2. Denver (city)
  3. Albuquerque (city)
  4. Santa Fe (city)

It is 6-8 hours to a larger airport. If it was me, l would fly to Las Vegas and rent a car. No less than 2 gallons of water per person in the car at any time in that area. Las Vegas has best car rentals. Denver is 6 hours, boring drive. Albuqurque is closer, you could stay i.

Mesa Verde National Park is not really near any airports Cortezairport is the closest (13 miles).  It isn't a large airport, but I can get flights to Cortez - not direct flights and most of them probably go through Denver.  Grand Junctionis about 200 miles and  Albuquerque is 252 miles - closer than Denver (382 miles) and a little closer than Flagstaff

1. Mesa Verde National Park (park)
  2. Cortez (city)
  3. Grand Junction (city)
  4. Albuquerque (city)
  5. Denver (city)
  6. Flagstaff (city)