Claudia
Orlando

Mendoza

Hostels to stay in Mendoza and places to visit?

What are some good hostels to stay in Mendoza and restaurants and interesting places to visit!?

Jeannette from Brooklyn

Hi Claudia,

I enjoyed my stay at Hostel Empedrado. It's a comfortable, lively hostel. Not lively in the party-hostel sense, but more so that it tends to fill up, with lots of folks using the common areas. Mostly expats, but typical friendly backpackers. The front desk can set you up with all kinds of tours as well. 

Mendoza is known for its wine, so I'm sure you are planning on wine tasting. I had an incredible meal at Clos De Chacras. Not too far from this winery is A La Antigua (Alte. Brown 2071, Chacras de Coria, Mendoza, Argentina), a little place that makes their own marmalades, dulce de leches, olive oils, spreads, and liquors. Quite decadant and highly recommended! 

I also liked Cielito Restaurant, a local Mexican spot frequented mostly by locals. Great tacos and margaritas. 

1. Hostel Empedrado (hotel)
  2. Clos De Chacras (attraction)
  3. Cielito Restaurant (restaurant)

K from San Francisco

The magic of Mendozaare the activities.  I stayed at Mendoza Backpackers and was quite happy with.  Staff was nice and it was easy to book activities.  There is a good rooftop bar and they host bbqs some nights.  After day after day of hostel breakfast being stale bread at other places it was nice that they have fresh little croissants for breakfast!  I don't know much about the restaurants as much of my time was spent out on activities.  Check out my blog post if you want to get an idea of some of the activities and pics.  

http://www.travelaworldaway.com/2013/05/mendoza-argentina.html

1. Mendoza (attraction)
  2. Mendoza Backpackers (hotel)