Gloria

Memphis

Memphis tn

What good places to visit, and traveling with an elderly person

Take exit 15A&B off I-240 East bound. I like The Capital Grille for dinner and PF Changs for lunch. They have high end stores in this area near Germantown. Lots of cute places. I love Jason's Deli Restaurant as well. I stay at The Gold Strike Casino and Hotel when l am in Memphis.

Claudia from New York City
Hi Gloria,
To add on to Rosalie Ann's amazing answer, I highly recommend Graceland for travelers of any age.  Graceland, once owned by rock and roll superstar Elvis Presley is the most popular attraction in Memphis . Graceland provides shuttle service but there will be a fair amount of walking in the mansion.
For a local flair, check out Theatre Memphis . It's a community theatre, generally has performances from Thursdays to Sundays. Check out the current performances on their website
Another attraction is Beale Street , the entertainment district in Memphis. It's the entertainment district and home of the blues, jazz, rock n roll and gospel music. There are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area as well.
Hope this info helps.

1. Memphis (city)
  2. Graceland (attraction)
  3. Theatre Memphis (attraction)
  4. Beale Street (attraction)

How elderly?  Are there limitations as to mobiity for this person?  Can he or she walk, or stand.  Wheelchair? mobility scooter?  Walker?
When I visited Memphis, I was 68 years old and I didn't consider myself elderly and I was walking and not using a mobility scooter.  We did a City sightseeing tour which was very comfortable and was very comprehensive, but I did have to climb a couple of steps to get on and off of the tour vehicle.  We got off at the Peabody Hotel  to see the ducks come down the elevator, and we also got off at St Jude's Children's Research Hospital to visit the memorial to Danny Thomas and we got off in Beale Street  to have lunch.  (We ate at Dyers and we walked down to Handy Park and looked at Schwab Drugstore) We could also have gotten off at Graceland  Later, we also rode the trolleycars around - ditto had to climb on and off and stand to transfer to the second line.  That same day, we also visited the Memphis Botanical Garden

1. Peabody Hotel (hotel)
  2. Beale Street (attraction)
  3. Graceland (attraction)
  4. Memphis Botanical Garden (attraction)

Paulette from Memphis
Hi there. Bass Pro Shop downtown Memphis, Beale St plenty of music and lots of places to sit and listen.Central Barbeque is down the street from Beale St really good. Rendezvous is the best, but it has steps that goes straight down to the restaurant. Elvis Presley Mansion has tour buses up to his house. Drive through Overton Square on Cooper & Madison. Lot of scenic views on the Mississippi river over there in Harbor Town, next door to the Bass Pro shop. Hope you enjoy your stay.😊