Lita

Lita from Los Angeles asked

Best way to get from MEM to downtown

If it helps, I'll be staying at The Memphis Marriott Downtown and arriving midday.  Is there public transportation or should I just cab it?

Memphis

Keith from Denver

I suggest you take a cab.  Public transportation isn't for the faint of heart around Memphis, especially if you've never been before.  It's should be about $30 from the airport to downtown.  If you plan on going anywhere else outside of downtown, I'd even suggest renting a car at the airport and just driving places from there.

Lita
That's very good to know! So downtown Memphis is fairly walkable?

Keith
Hi Lita, yes, downtown is very walkable, but if you're staying for more than a couple days, it could get stale. That's when I'd suggest renting a car to go drive to other places or taking a cab :)

Brooke from Chandler (Oklahoma), Oklahoma

Does your hotel have a shuttle service?  Look into that.  If not, then definitely take a cab.  You're not going to find much public transportation 'round those parts!

Lita
I just called after reading your post and no, they don't. Darn. That's a great suggestion though. Good to know that about public transportation. Thanks, Brooke!

Brooke
You betcha!

Scott from Memphis

Take a cab to and from the airport