Andreas
Manhattan

Memphis

Best blues clubs in Memphis?

I’m trying to plan a bachelor party for my buddy in Memphis and would like some good blues clubs recommendations. My buddy is an amateur musician and he’s crazy about blues, so I thought this would be perfect.  We're a group of 30-something year old guys from New York descending upon Memphis for a weekend, so if you have any other suggestions, we'd appreciate that, too.  But most importantly, I'd like to find a good blues club.  Thanks!

Bailey from Memphis

My cousin was in town one Friday night and her only request was to have a beer and listen to blues on Beale.  We looked high and low finding nothing that sounded like blues, then chatted up the cops of Beale Street.  They informed us the only place to hear authentic blues was  Mr Handy's Blues Hall and B.B. King's Blues Club  We picked Mr. Handy's and were not disappointed.  It's a small, smokey bar, but it feels raw and authentic.  We loved it.

1. B.B. King's Blues Club (attraction)
  2. Mr Handy's Blues Hall (attraction)

Scott from Memphis

For Blues bands hit up Beale street.  B.B. King's Blues ClubRum Boogie Cafe have great house bands.  If you are looking to hang out with locals then you might want venture off of Beale and maybe head out to Midtown.  Check out  Paula & Raifords Disco at least one night you are in town.

1. B.B. King's Blues Club (attraction)
  2. Rum Boogie Cafe (restaurant)
  3. Paula & Raifords Disco (attraction)

Emma from Tennessee

1. B.B. King's Blues Club (attraction)

Grant from Memphis

I agree to what Lance said about heading to  Beale Street.  B.B. King's Blues Club is the place to go around here.  Be sure to order the BBQ ribs for me.  You boys will have a roaring good time.

1. Beale Street (attraction)
  2. B.B. King's Blues Club (attraction)

Melondie from Dry Ridge

1. BB King's Blues Club and Restaurant (restaurant)