Damien

Mediterranean Sea

What are some of the best beaches in the Mediterranean Sea area?

Just wondering what are some great getaways that are relatively near cities or interesting attractions. Nothing too touristy but definitely noteworthy.

Hjörtur from Copenhagen

I highly recommend the Dalmatian coast in Croatia. Most of the beaches are pebble beaches but that is actually a good thing, because you'll have the clearest sea in the Mediterranian and it's great for snorkling. Dubrovnik is a stunning city but a bit crowded in the high season. Split, Trogir and Šibenik are all very charming medieval coast towns and on the islands you'll find one gem after another, some of them even car free. 

If you want something exclusive and luxurious I can highly recommend the Radisson Blu Resort & Spa. It's just outside of town in a beautiful location with it's own beach and boat trips both into the city and out to Lopud, a car free island not far away.

A nice day trip from there would be to go to  Kotor in Montenegro, a truly beautiful medieval town deep inside a magnificent fjord, and a UNESCO World Heritage town. Another nice day trip is to  Mostar in Bosnia and Hercigovina, which you might remember since the war. It is a very beautiful town surrounded by natural beauty.

1. Croatia (country)
  2. Split (city)
  3. Trogir (city)
  4. Šibenik (city)
  5. Kotor (city)
  6. Radisson Blu Resort & Spa (hotel)
  7. Mostar (city)
  8. Dubrovnik (city)

Chris from St. Louis

I'd like to know as well. Considering taking my honeymoon in the Mediteranean next summer. Maybe  Santorini or  Palermo. Any suggestions?

1. Palermo (city)
  2. Santorini (island)

Adriana from Argentina

I love Malta and its Golden Sand Beach.  The caves are beautiful too.

1. Malta (country)
  2. Golden Sand Beach (attraction)