Connor

Maui

Romantic restaurants (plus some regular ones)

Thoughts for romantic restaurants in Maui? My girlfriend and I are going in November and we love food. We'd like to have a couple of romantic places as well as just some regular places for lunch. Basically, if they have good food, we'd like to know about it. 

Jim

1. Plantation House (restaurant)
  2. Hali'imaile General Store (restaurant)
  3. Mama's Fish House Restaurant (restaurant)

Bekah from Los Angeles

I love the The Pineapple Grill myself. Monkeypod Kitchen is excellent. As one of the founding members of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine movement, Peter Merriman is always serving up the best and freshest of the islands. Monkeypod continues this tradition. Kualapuu Cookhouse is a lot of fun. I ordered the Katsu Chicken, which I enjoyed on the patio whilst listening to a couple of locals strike up a ukulele and guitar jam session. Definitely popular with locals and tourists alike. Plantation House is gorgeous. Brunch overlooking the golf course is divine. The golfers will envy YOU! Merriman's Restaurant Kapalua is also a stunner. Yes, Chef Peter Merriman's cuisine can't be beat (he's one of the founding members of the Hawaii Regional Cuisine movement), but the location of this restaurant is beyond dreamy, especially at sunset. Go. Get an Effen cocktail and toast the panoramas. There's a nice shoreline hike for post-dinner, as well. I also love Casanova Italian Restaurant and Deli. Great Italian food! The Flatbread Company is another on my MUST DO list. Have heard the flatbread here is not to be missed. Follow up by strolling along the quaint town of Paia with time on the beach to sink your toes in the sand. Also in the same area, try Mama's Fish House Restaurant. I actually interviewed Francesca Eastwood who listed this hot spot as her favorite restaurant when traveling. Try Hailimaile General Store for sure! This was a great find during my first visit to Maui. At the time, they had a special on Mondays for people who brought in canned goods to donate. And, for a venue out in the seemingly middle of nowhere, it boasts a Hawaii Regional Cuisine menu from one of the movement's founders -- Chef Bev Gannon. Finally, I'm a big fan of Gerard's Restaurant

1. The Pineapple Grill (restaurant)
  2. Monkeypod Kitchen (restaurant)
  3. Kualapuu Cookhouse (restaurant)
  4. Plantation House (restaurant)
  5. Merriman's Restaurant Kapalua (restaurant)
  6. Casanova Italian Restaurant and Deli (restaurant)
  7. Flatbread Company (restaurant)
  8. Mama's Fish House Restaurant (restaurant)
  9. Hailimaile General Store (attraction)
  10. Gerard's Restaurant (restaurant)

TJ from Marina Del Rey

I think Mama's Fish House Restaurant is the best restaurant on the island, so please go there to eat.  

1. Mama's Fish House Restaurant (restaurant)

Kevin from Salem

Any ocean front restaurant at sunset is romantic. We like Hula Grill at Whaler Village and Cafe O'Lei Kihei (not ocean front but excellent food)

Our favorite inexpencive restaurants- CJs Comfort Zone Maui Deli & Diner Maui Restaurant, Aloha Mixed Plate (shoyu chicken) 

1. Hula Grill (restaurant)
  2. Cafe O'Lei Kihei (restaurant)
  3. Aloha Mixed Plate (restaurant)
  4. CJs Comfort Zone Maui Deli & Diner Maui Restaurant (restaurant)