Suzanne
Pasadena

Maui

Fun hikes or unusual things to do in Maui?

I have traveled to Maui many times and have visited all of the touristy places. Can you suggest where to go for an out of the way hike or beach stop? Any interesting places that are "off the beaten path"? Thanks!

Amber from Temecula

How about heading up to upcountry- Kula area?  There are some amazing organic farms up there.  Some offer tours and O'o has a farm to table restaurant that is amazing.  There is also a chocolate tour and a goat milk farm that are pretty cool.  Or hang in Paia while most just stop in quick on the way to Hana.  It is actually a pretty cool little town.  Iao Valley can be fun if you haven't hiked that too.  Or check out Wailuku and get yourself some amazing Vietnamese cuisine

1. Kula (attraction)
  2. Paia (city)
  3. Wailuku (attraction)

Talia from Boston

Iao Needle is gorgeous! I've never been surrounded by so much greenery in my life. 

1. Iao Needle (attraction)