Brooke
Nashville

Brooke from Nashville asked

Best restaurants on Maui?

My husband and I are planning a trip to Maui and want to hear some great dining recommendations. Where are the best places to eat on Maui? We will be there for two weeks and exploring all over the island. We'd love to hear recommendations anywhere from fancy to hole in the wall spots. Thanks! 

Maui

Chris from Manhattan Beach, California

Eric from Lafayette (California)

If you're looking for a great brunch with epic views and killer food, check out The Gazebo. Some say it’s Maui’s best brunch. Things to know about this place:

• There's normally a line so come early (like 9am) to avoid.
  • You must try the white chocolate macadamia nut pancakes with coconut syrup 
  • Portions are huge so feel free to share, especially if you're going with kids.
  • It's hard to find. It's by the pool and ocean at the Outrigger Napili Shores

1. The Gazebo (restaurant)
  2. Outrigger Napili Shores (hotel)

Capische at Hotel Wailea, Relais & Châteaux. Best Ahi I have ever had. They also have meat dishes and other entrees. Fantastic mouth watering and artistic food. Great wine list AND some of the best cocktails I have ever tasted. We got their at the end of happy hour and had memorable cocktails before being seated outside. The most romantic view and meal of the trip. It is set up on a hill and had one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. One of the most memorable meals I have had. Can't say enough about this place.

Patrick from Miami

As many have already said, Mama's Fish House Restaurant is the place to go. Wonderful food and amazing atmosphere. However, I never had a bad meal in the nearby town of Pai'ia. So many creative chefs using all the amazing ingredients Hawaii has to offer.

Karm from Iowa City

Gannon's on the golf course in Wailea is the absolute best.  The food is superb, and the view is absolutely amazing.  It is far and away my all time favorite.

Donna from Cleveland

Bubba Burgers

If you just want a good burger in a fun atmosphere then you want to stop here.

1. Bubba Burgers (restaurant)
Dave from Birmingham (Alabama)

Mama's Fish House Restaurant is in Maui and my favorite restaurant in the world!

Charles from Boston

We really liked Aloha Mixed Plate.  It's a little touristy, but the food was excellent (as was the view).  Driving north around West Maui Volcano, Julia's Banana Bread is deservedly well-known.

Da Kitchen Cafe was under renovations when we tried to go there, but Da Kitchen in Kihei was delicious.

Make sure you drive the Hana Hwy.  If you hit Ho'okipa Beach Park around lunchtime, Leilani's Lunchwagon is often stopped by the parking area.  A little farther on, Twin Falls Maui Farm Stand has fresh sugarcane juice.  We didn't make it all the way to Hana (next time), but we've heard that Braddah Hutts - Island Style Barbeque is incredibly good.

Depending on when you're going, Hula Dog is in the process of opening a location in Lahaina.

(And as an aside, the only Krispy Kreme Kahului in the islands is in Kahului.)

1. Aloha Mixed Plate (restaurant)
  2. Julia's Banana Bread (restaurant)
  3. Da Kitchen Cafe (restaurant)
  4. Da Kitchen (restaurant)
  5. Hana Hwy (attraction)
  6. Ho'okipa Beach Park (attraction)
  7. Twin Falls Maui Farm Stand (attraction)
  8. Braddah Hutts - Island Style Barbeque (restaurant)
  9. Krispy Kreme Kahului (restaurant)
Michael from Honolulu

Aloha, 

While I'm not from Maui here are my suggestions. I will update it and format it better when I get to an actual computer but wanted to toss some stuff up for you in the mean time.  

FESTIVALS & EVENTS 

Depending on when you visit certain events have the best food (better than restaurants) and truly showcase the islands hospitality such as bon dances, craft fairs, church luaus, etc. so if you like you can reply with what month you are thinking of visiting and I can edit this to include such events.   

OMIYAGE (Souvenirs) 

Here in Hawaii when one travels it is customary to bring back something (which is almost always food) for family members and friends even if it is just a day trip to a different island. 

- Tasaka Guri Guri Shop Think of guri guri as a cross between sherbet & ice cream. One time when my mother did a craft fair on Maui I called her to bring me home some only to find out it was sold out days in advance by locals who pre ordered to pick up at the event. 

- Komoda Store & Bakery

PLACES TO EAT 

- Sam Sato's Inc for Dry Mein and Manju

1. Tasaka Guri Guri Shop (attraction)
  2. Komoda Store & Bakery (restaurant)
  3. Sam Sato's Inc (restaurant)