John
Casper

John from Casper asked

Active activities on Maui

My wife and I have not been to Maui in a decade; we are not athletes, but like to be active.  Do you have any recommendations for hiking, snorkeling, fishing, etc. We will have a car so location not an issue. Also we are staying near Kaanapali if there are some hidden or local restaurants, fish or fruit markets. Thanks! 

Maui (Hawaii)

Karla from Boise

The best snorkeling on Kaanapali Beach is at Black Rock in front of the Sheraton.  Molikini Island crater is a great snorkel excursion and a fun boat ride.

A moderate hiking trail with amazing views of the island is Waihe'e Ridge Trail. It's 5 miles round trip. It's located off Hwy 32 outside of Kahului.

An easy hike not far from Kaanapali is Dragon's Teeth. It is located outside of Kapalua. It has amazing rock formations and is worth visiting.

Great answer, Karla! I want to do all these things! By the way, just a reminder about our geo-tagging feature -- it's helpful to be able to visualize where places are. Plus, people can click through to them for more information, making your answer more helpful! I've helped you geo-tag the places in your answer on a map. In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :)

1. Kaanapali Beach (attraction)
  2. Black Rock (attraction)
  3. Molikini Island (island)
  4. Waihe'e Ridge Trail (attraction)
  5. Kahului (city)
  6. Dragon's Teeth (attraction)
  7. Kapalua (city)