Alasdair

Marrakech

Where's the best to go out and have fun on a Friday in Marrakech?

I'm going to Marrakech on Thursday evening.  Looking for tips on things to do, places to go out, even places to stay (only booked for my first night)

Nisrine from Paris

If you're looking for a nice restaurant/club to go out on a friday night I would suggest the "Le Comptoir Darna - Restaurant Marrakech" where you can have one of the best mechoui in the city! They serve good cocktails and good wine and around 10pm/11pm while you're still having dinner or enjoying cocktails, they offer a belly dancer show (very 1001 nights style) and right after the restaurant turns into a night club (so I would suggest you choose a table upstairs). People usually stay there for a while and then change clubs (you can either go to the Pacha Marrakech or the Theatro Nightclub). For a place to stay and depending on your budget I would say the Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa!

1. Le Comptoir Darna - Restaurant Marrakech (restaurant)
  2. Pacha Marrakech (restaurant)
  3. Theatro Nightclub (attraction)
  4. Hotel Sofitel Marrakech Lounge and Spa (attraction)

Teresa from San Jose, California

I stayed at a riad which was very nice-I almost want to honeymoon there! hah! It was called Riad Al Jana. Marrakesh is fairly small and I got most of my shopping done in a day. That left us with another day to do an excursion. When you are standing in the square, there is a cafe that looks out into the square from the second floor balcony. To get to that balcony, you enter the cafe downstairs and walk up the stairs where you will have to pay a small fee to sit on the balcony. On the top of those stairs, there is also a man with a table who sells these excursions. We paid a really good price, although I cannot remember exactly how much, for our excursion. We got to visit a Berber village, taste home made bread and butter, ride camels, hike up a waterfall, and have lunch at the bottom of the waterfall. 

Just remember, these excursions usually have deals with other businesses and we were forced to go into certain gift shops and urged to buy certain things. You can always say no, but you will always find yourself in these situations. 

Also, bring earplugs!! You'll need them for naps and sleep :)

1. Riad Al Jana (hotel)

Vit from Marrakech

this may not be allowed here but you asked. I'm living in Marrakech and run this place. So if you're looking for place where to stay I can offer good price for value.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3226809

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3227360

both in one house........

Vit

Nikolaj from Copenhagen

I did a five-day mountain bike trek in the Atlas mountains 1.5 hours from Marrakech. It was amazing to enjoy the sunrise in the high mountains with no human around for miles and miles.

We went with Maroc Nature, highly recommended, great guides, really good bikes, and not expensive. A genuine experience with no herding into tourist shops or the like.

I believe they have MTB day-trips and other types of tours/treks.