Holly
Scottsdale

Manuel Antonio

Any tips on what you have to see?

What are some good local places to eat or shop or sightsee?

Jimmy from Shanghai

Manuel Antonio is an outdoor lover's paradise! Be sure to check out Manuel Antonio National Park, which has the NICEST beaches in the area and a few paved (but steep!) trails that lead to a few beautiful vistas. For a more secluded experience, take a hike (or taxi) over to Biesanz Beach, a not-too-well-known beach that literally turns into a strip of sand at high tide. 

In terms of foodage, the local restaurants (called "sodas") offer the best bang for your buck. Big plate of rice, beans, a protein, and fried banana for less than $5. Many of these sodas can be found in the nearby town of Quepos, but my favorite is Restaurante Angel (located across the street from the COSI-Maximo Nivel Language Institute. 

If you're looking for something more, El Wagon! arguably has the best pizza in the region, Falafel Bar serves up a mean schwarma, and Emilios Cafe offers delicious sandwiches and dessert with a lovely ocean view. 

1. Manuel Antonio National Park (attraction)
  2. Biesanz Beach (attraction)
  3. Quepos (attraction)
  4. El Wagon! (restaurant)
  5. Falafel Bar (restaurant)
  6. Emilios Cafe (restaurant)
  7. Restaurante Angel (restaurant)

Manuel Antonio is tiny, I'll say that much. It's very much an "end of the road" beach town. I spent a lot of time just walking around, and I never had a bit of bad food (aside from a fancy Chinese restaurant in San Jose). But I still remember the awesome breakfasts at Cafe Milagro! I'd also recommend a stop at El Avión. I'd also recommend that you check out La Mansion Inn.

Something else cool: You'll see monkeys and iguanas everywhere in Manuel Antonio. 

1. Cafe Milagro (restaurant)
  2. El Avión (restaurant)
  3. La Mansion Inn (attraction)

durand from Costa Rica

the third beach of Manuel Antonio Beach is the best beach and a bit hidden. The town is only hotels and restaurant for tourist no one live in manuel antonio

1. Manuel Antonio Beach (attraction)

The Manuel Antonio National Parkis Costa Rica's smallest yet busiest national park. According to "National Geographic", it is one of the most bio diverse areas in the world. You wont experience any problem in finding as many hotels and restaurants as you wish. However, I will recommend those that, in my opinion, are the best.  El Gran Escape is not only the most popular but the most consistent in terms of quality and service. This restaurant does not serve marlin or other billfish. Other good seafood restaurant is El Avión which was built around an abandoned US military cargo plane. This restaurant is famous for its sightseeing (located strategically in a hill). Located inside the Hotel Makanda by the Sea you will find the Sunspot Bar & Grill (awarded 5 spoons and best of the best by The Tico Times Restaurant Guide of Costa Rica). It offers locally-sourced meats and fresh-caught fish and seafood.

Some of the best local food is served up in simple food stands or open-air restaurants known as "sodas". Such meals are cheap and typically delicious.

I am a 100% sure you will enjoy Manuel Antonio and my beautiful country!

Pura vida!!!!

2. El Gran Escape (restaurant)
  3. El Avión (restaurant)
  4. Hotel Makanda by the Sea (restaurant)
  5. Sunspot Bar & Grill (restaurant)

That's an easy question!  The sister of one of our best friends owns a coffee shop and restaurant in Manuel Antonio:  Cafe Milagro.  When you stop in, if Adrienne is there, tell her we sent you!

1. Cafe Milagro (restaurant)

Allan from Panama City, Florida

This area of the country has high bluffs that overlook the ocean. Find a little restaurant that overlooks the water and enjoy some ceviche.