Bill
Defreestville, New York

Manila

Need a Good Hotel

I am planning a trip to Manila  and i need a good recommendation for a hotel. I will be going during the Monsoon season so one with an indoor pool would be best

Pie from Philippines

Hi Bill,

It all depends on the budget.

Manila is divided into key cities of metro manila with Manila, Makati City, Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, Quezon City, etc.

Makati City is the top business district with numerous luxury hotels : Makati Shangri-La, Manila, Holiday Inn & Suites Makati, New World Makati Hotel, Fairmont Makati.

Astoria Plaza in Ortigas,  has a swimming pool, if im not mistaken its a rooftop pool.

Bonifacio Global City in Taguig - quite new hotels : Seda, F1 Hotel Manila & Ascott Makati.

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila in Pasay City is overlooking Manila Bay 

1. Manila (attraction)
  2. Makati City (city)
  3. Bonifacio Global City (attraction)
  4. Taguig (city)
  5. Quezon City (city)
  6. Makati Shangri-La, Manila (hotel)
  7. Holiday Inn & Suites Makati (hotel)
  8. New World Makati Hotel (hotel)
  9. Fairmont Makati (hotel)
  10. Astoria Plaza (hotel)
  11. Seda (hotel)
  12. F1 Hotel Manila (hotel)
  13. Ascott Makati (attraction)
  14. Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila (hotel)

Stephen "Sven" from Florida

The best hotel is not in Manila but in the Financial District of Makati. The 2 I would recommend are the Makati Hotels or if you are on an extreme budget but still want some place nice I would recommend Saint Illians Inn.

1. Makati Hotels (attraction)
  2. Saint Illians Inn (attraction)

Karlo from Philippines

Hey Bill, finding an indoor pool in Manila is quite hard actually. I remember The Peninsula Manila doesnt have one either. But Claus' suggestion is good. Last time we stayed there was on my sister's wedding. 

best to email them.

Marco Polo Ortigas ManilaBEST WESTERN PLUS Antel Hotel and A. Venue Hotel has indoor pools although havent stayes in these.

Alternatively (although not sure if they have indoor pools) you could also check out Makati Shangri-La  which is right in the middle of Greenbelt which is Makati's shopping district. 

Theres also Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila  located near inside the cultural center complex near the U.S. embassy, plus you get a real nice view of the Manila sunset. They have a lagoon type pool that's really fancy and even has mini golf. They've the best buffet too among all hotels in my opinion. President Obama stayed there when he was in the country.

Melo from Manila

I recently posted this on my blog Top 10 Best Hostels in Metro Manila 2014. The post include best hotels in ManilaMakati City and Taguig

1. Manila (attraction)
  2. Makati City (city)
  3. Taguig (city)

Andy from San Francisco

I recommend not staying at a hotel. I think staying in an apartment via Airbnb is another alternative. You can usually find a big apartment in a great location in a new building for a lot less than a hotel. Decent apartments go from $40+. 

Many of the apartments in the Makati City area have pools. Even if it's Monsoon season, it won't be raining everyday. And even if it does, the rain is pretty warm and you can still swim. 

1. Makati City (city)

Melissa from Metro Manila

Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila would be my best recommendation for a hotel in Manila, hands down. But if you're looking for an indoor pool, I think ACE Hotel and Suites in Pasig might be a good option for you. They have a really nice indoor water complex and the rooms aren't too shabby either. But if you'll be in Manila, you're bound to get really wet when you go outside coz a lot of areas get flooded due to poor drainage, so I suggest packing really good waterproof or water-resistant shoes and never forget an umbrella when you're going out. Cheers! 

1. Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila (hotel)
  2. ACE Hotel and Suites (hotel)

The The Peninsula Manila is in a very good and central location in Makati which in my opinion is the most pleasant part of Manila.

I have a friend who satyed there long term who was quite happy with the place.

1. The Peninsula Manila (hotel)