Nicole
Minneapolis

Manila

Beaches driving distance from Manila?

I'm visiting Manila next spring and while there, I want to visit some beaches because I hear that the Philippine beaches are beautiful!  What are some good ones that are within a few hours drive of Manila?

Karlo from Philippines

I think the beautiful waters you're looking for are those crystal clear or pristine blue like the ones in Boracay Island and El Nido. Unfortunately theres nothing near Manila like that that's only a few hours away. The nearest one will take you half a day to get there.

Alternatively, you can try sole wanderer' suggestions.

I can suggest you fly out. Fly time is just an hour away so you can get to where you want to be in probably 3 hours or less including airport wait time in places like let's say Bohol

1. Boracay Island (island)
  2. El Nido (city)
  3. Bohol (island)

sole from Bacolod

The nearest beach from Manila is in Nasugbu, Batangas, about 2-3 hours away. I always go for Munting Buhangin Beach Camp. It's one of the few resorts open to the public and is the cheapest for a daytrip.It's very busy with locals during the weekends, though, due to its proximity to Manila. On your way here, you will pass by Tagaytay, which offers great views of the Taal Volcano. Nasugbu also has great sunsets. Visit the resort's webpage for more info.

For diving, Anilao Diving and Resorts, Batangas is further south and about 3-4 hours from Manila. There are lots of dive resorts in the area. This site has some info about diving in Anilao. For wreck-diving, Subic is a nearer alternative (about 2 hours drive). Here is a good list of the dive sites in Subic.

If you're willing to stay the night, I'd suggest Anawangin Cove and Nagsasa Cove in Zambales, about 3-4 hours north of Manila.The coves are only accessible by boat or through a 4-5 hour hike over Mount Pundaquit. The boat trips usually include a stop in nearby islands such as Capones Island and Camara.

The reason you have to stay the night is that boat trips usually only run in the morning between 7 AM to 12 noon as the waves get rougher in the afternoon. There is no accommodation in the coves, so unless you want to camp, you have to leave at noon. There are several tours being offered, but I haven't tried any of them as I went there on my own.

If you want to travel even further up north (about 4-5 hours), there's Hundred Islands National Park in Alaminos City where you can hit 123 of the 7,107 islands of the Philippines in one go.

It's mostly locals who go here and is a bit off-the-beaten-path for foreign travellers. There's accommodation on the islands, but it isn't much. I usually stay in Alaminos and hire a boat to the park to take us island hopping and back in the afternoon. If you want to have a small beach all to yourself, you have to rent a kayak on Quezon Island or Children's Island and brave the seas (but it's worth it). For more info, visit the Department of Tourism's official page. There's also a public beach worth a look nearby called Patar White Beach Resort.

Baler, a about a 6 hour drive from Manila, faces the Pacific Ocean and is a surfing haven. Sabang Beach is the most popular. There are also other beaches around the locality if you're not into surfing. The DoT's official page has more info.

Daet, Camarines Norte, about an 8 hour drive from Manila, is the jump-off point to Calaguas Island, arguably one of the best beaches in the Philippines. I haven't been there, but I hear it's really beautiful.

South of that, also about an 8 hour drive from Manila, is Naga City, where you can take a van and a boat ride to get to Caramoan Islands, known for having been the location for the TV show Survivor. I also haven't been there, but it looks like a good place to go island-hopping. Visit Caramoan's website for more info.

There are more beautiful beaches accessible without having to board a plane the further you're willing to go from Manila. 😄

1. Manila (city)
  2. Nasugbu (city)
  3. Munting Buhangin Beach Camp (hotel)
  4. Tagaytay (city)
  5. Taal Volcano (attraction)
  6. Anilao Diving and Resorts (attraction)
  7. Subic (city)
  8. Anawangin Cove (hotel)
  9. Nagsasa Cove (hotel)
  10. Mount Pundaquit (attraction)
  11. Capones Island (attraction)
  12. Camara (attraction)
  13. Hundred Islands National Park (attraction)
  14. Alaminos City (city)
  15. Quezon Island (attraction)
  16. Children's Island (attraction)
  17. Patar White Beach Resort (hotel)
  18. Baler (city)
  19. Sabang Beach (attraction)
  20. Daet (city)
  21. Calaguas Island (attraction)
  22. Naga City (city)
  23. Caramoan Islands (region)

Ic from Balanga, Bataan

You can try some Beaches Bataan Zambales there's a lot of beaches there travel time is 2-3 hours via bus Bataan Transit Terminal 

1. Bataan (metro area)
  2. Zambales (metro area)
  3. Bataan Transit Terminal (attraction)

aly from Manila

Look into Subic and Batangas!

1. Subic (city)
  2. Batangas (city)

Pie from Philippines

Hi Harumi,

Nearby provinces with beautiful beaches from Manila/Metro Manila are:

Batangas : Anilao is best for diving.. Laiya good beach stretch. Mabini is the nearest has a good stretch but not a breathtaking view. Burot Beach which has not been developed - camping and really very basic restroom.

Zambales : look forPundaquit Beach, Capones Island, Magalawa Island, Potipot Island.

Hope this helps! :)

1. Manila (city)
  2. Metro Manila (metro area)
  3. Batangas (city)
  4. Anilao (neighborhood)
  5. Mabini (attraction)
  6. Burot Beach (attraction)
  7. Zambales (metro area)
  8. Pundaquit Beach (hotel)
  9. Capones Island (attraction)
  10. Magalawa Island (attraction)
  11. Potipot Island (attraction)

ieth from Manila

Anawangin Beach in Zambales. About 3 hours from Manila. The white sand is actually volcanic ashes. I would say the best I've been so far. 

1. Anawangin Beach (attraction)
  2. Manila (city)

Melissa from Metro Manila

There are plenty of nice beaches a couple of hours from Manila, especially in the Batangas area. I'm not really sure what your budget is, but some good places to check out might be Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel San JuanCanyon Cove Residential Beach Resort BatangasPonte Fino or Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort. Cheers!

1. Batangas (city)
  2. Acuatico Beach Resort & Hotel San Juan (hotel)
  3. Canyon Cove Residential Beach Resort Batangas (hotel)
  4. Ponte Fino (hotel)
  5. Stilts Calatagan Beach Resort (hotel)