Katie from Los Angeles asked

What's the best neighborhood in Manhattan Beach for a first time visitor?

Recently moved to LA and I've never been to Manhattan Beach. I'd like to spend a weekend there and stay in a hotel that is central and gives me good sense of what Manhattan Beach is like. I'd love to know where locals tell their friends to stay when they visit, and why those areas and hotels are special. thanks!

Manhattan Beach (California)

Ami from Manhattan Beach

Shade Hotel, right in the middle of everything.

1. Shade Hotel (hotel)
Michael
Manhattan Beach is a bedroom community on the Beach. It has several upscale boutique hotels and well as moderate price stays along Sepulveda Blvd, which runs from Rosecrans Ave on the north, to Artesia Blvd on the south side of MB.  Sepulveda is 10-12 blocks to the east of beach and is a nice walk. So if you are budget minded any motel or hotel on Sepulveda is on a miniumm good, with some being superior.