Nei
Curitiba, Brazil

Nei from Curitiba, Brazil asked

What are the top 10 things I can't miss in Manchester

I moved to Manchester for about 4 weeks ago and I want to explore this city and nearby. What is your top 10 list I can't miss here?

Manchester (United Kingdom)

C from London

not everyone's cup of java but the Museum of Science & Industry is in a really cool area and is interesting in iteself - also a good coffee shop.

cheap and good thing to use for exploration is the tram......

Julie from York

Hi Nei

Welcome to the UK! In Manchester I'd definitely recommend the The Lowry gallery (LS Lowry is a famous Lancashire painter - the gallery also houses other exhibitions). Nearby is the Imperial War Museum IWM North, which is incredible well curated. I think both are free (not 100% sure, as it's a couple of years since I visited)

I recently had a day trip to Manchester and visited the free The Manchester Museum too, which is worth a look.

Check out the gigs in town at the Men Arena and take in an English Premiership game at Old Trafford Stadium or Maine Rd.

For a day trip out, get yourself across the Pennines to beautiful Yorkshire! Or north to the Lake District.

Hope this helps, enjoy (rainy!) Manchester,

Julie

1. The Lowry (attraction)
  2. IWM North (attraction)
  3. The Manchester Museum (attraction)
  4. Men Arena (attraction)
  5. Old Trafford Stadium (attraction)
  6. Maine Rd (attraction)