Shelley
Sacramento

Manchester

Things to see in and around Manchester

My husand and I who are active 60 year olds and have traveled a lot will be spending several days in Manchester in October visiting our daughter, and I am wondering what there is to do there while she is at work.  We might consider going a ways out of town for day trips as well as just staying in the city and would prefer not to have to rent a car, but to take trains or buses when possible. Thanks.

Abdullah from Riyadh

Being in a city like Manchester would be better when you visit one of the greatest football clubs in the world, Going to Old Trafford Stadium and taking the full tour in the ground can be an interesting experience. of course you can go there by bus, train or tram. Check on www.manutd.com before your visit because there is no tours at match days, and if you are interested it'll be good to attend a match there.

1. Old Trafford Stadium (attraction)