Valerie

Manchester (New Hampshire)

Best free things to do in Manchester (New Hampshire)?

I'm going to be in Manchester (New Hampshire) next month and will be on a pretty tight budget. I'm looking for the best free and inexpensive things to check out! I love the outdoors, art, museums, you name it. Thanks!

Katrina from Manchester (New Hampshire)

Currier Museum of Art in Manchester is great, not too expensive!

1. Currier Museum of Art (attraction)

Valerie, My answer wont fulfill your requirements when talking about inexpensive things to do in New Hampshire; however, it is my duty to mention one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited before. If you have time and decide to do something different outdoors, try Gunstock MountainGunstock Mountain Resort. Breathtaking place!! I loved tubing and watching the mountains while drinking a hot chocolate!

You wont regret It!!

1. New Hampshire (attraction)
  2. Gunstock Mountain (attraction)
  3. Gunstock Mountain Resort (attraction)

Woodstock from Manchester (New Hampshire)

Check out the Hippo for activities: http://www.hippopress.com/

There are a bunch of clubs and bars and pubs depending on your tastes. Drink, Club ManchvegasMurphy's Taproom, The Yard Seafood & SteakHouse, McGarvey's (last resort bar), Mint Bistro (sushi). It's all pretty much on or off of Elm St.

There is an art museum in town, I've heard good things but haven't had a chance to hit it yet. Lol, there are a lot of outdoors here. Manchester has the Verizon Wireless Arena for national acts. Portsmouth (New Hampshire) is also nice to visit and more artist friendly. Lots of shops and a shore town. Cleaner.

Also note: Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmout just got Uber a few months ago. If you're flying in this is an option to get around along with the hotel shuttles. They also have taxis but they're very hit-or-miss.

1. Club Manchvegas (attraction)
  2. Murphy's Taproom (restaurant)
  3. The Yard Seafood & SteakHouse (restaurant)
  4. McGarvey's (restaurant)
  5. Mint Bistro (restaurant)
  6. Verizon Wireless Arena (attraction)
  7. Portsmouth (New Hampshire) (city)
  8. Nashua (city)