Emily
Austin (Texas)

Maldives

Favorite resort or experience in the Maldives?

My husband and I are heading to the Maldives. Anticipating that this will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I am curious to hear from other Trippy friends - What was your favorite resort or favorite moment in the Maldives? 

Lynnda from Brisbane

Hi Emily

As our trip was a once in a life time trip we decided to spend the extra and stay in an over the water villa.  I most wanted to swim with the whale sharks which are there year round... it is the only thing we did that was outside the protection of the atolls.  The hightlight was swimming with the manta rays.  I used a website called Sevenholidays to search for resort that met my price and activity requirements and it brought my options to 7 to choose from.  We stayed at Villamendoo.  What to think about... how close am I to the rubbish dump island... my trip was about snorkelling and some islands you need the staff to take you to the reef to snorkell... we were able to swim straight off the steps of our villa to the reef.  I saw fish i never thought I would see.  Do you want an island that is children friendly... than villamendoo is not for you...

Hope this helps

Lynnda

Sara from Vienna

Ayada Maldives is probably the best resort in my opinion. The water and reef are perfect and there are great dining options. 

1. Ayada Maldives (hotel)