Charlotte

Maldives, Sri Lanka

Best amazing beach to go to before work trip in Sri Lanka

I am going to sri Lanka for work in march from San Francisco, flying into Colombo airport. I have never been to that part of the world and since I'm flying all that way I would love to go to an amazing beach for two days before hand. Since my time is limited I want to limit the number of flights/transfers and do not want to rent a car. I was thinking the Maldives but i can't tell if the whole sea plane thing will be too crazy. My budget is $500 a night max and I could potentially split a room 

With a coworker and spend less. I want a beautiful beach and a nice place to stay. Is there somewhere that pretty in Sri Lanka with easy transfers?

salman from Riyadh

The Maldives are hot and sunny all year round, with average temperatures of 23ºC-31ºC. The best weather – and the best time to visit the Maldives – is between November and April. The high season falls between December and March. The monsoon runs from May to October, peaking around June

1. Maldives (country)

Shujau

I went Pasikuda recently on train it take 9hrs if you try busbit will be 6 hrs. Nice beach. There is good hotels like Amaya Resorts & Spa Kuda Rah, Maldives it was much cheaper when booked direct. I went to the hotel and booked. If you are going to Maldives you can try vaavu atoll there are few people some island like Thinadhoo around 50 ppl. Nice hotels beach front hotels, lots of water sport activities. Or baa atoll for snorkeling with Whale Shark great experience. Lots of cheap hotels around the area and good ferry connection / speed boat if you want to go faster cheers

1. Pasikuda (attraction)
  2. Amaya Resorts & Spa Kuda Rah, Maldives (hotel)
  3. Maldives (country)
  4. Thinadhoo (city)

Amila

you can go easily Bentota beach area

1. Bentota (city)