Ashee

Malaysia, Qatar, Manila

if i have visit visa to malaysia and after few days to Qatar

If I have a tourist visa to Malaysia for a vacation and after one week I will go to Qatar holding a resident working visa, will I have a problem in Malaysia? Do I need to bring a return ticket to Manila? Because I am not going back to Manila since I will proceed to Qatar. Thank you.

Authorities in Malaysiado sometimes ask for proof of a ticket out of the country, as you enter. It does not have to be to your home destination. Just a ticket out of the country. Often they do not ask though. But this will depend a lot on your nationality as well. Unless you are a Filipino citizen, then you will almost certainly be asked for a ticket out of the Philippines too. The Philippines is the country in Southeast Asia that has the strictest laws regarding proof of a ticket. I have been to the Philippines 7 times. And 6 of those times, I had to show them proof of a ticket out of the Philippines, in order to enter.

1. Malaysia (attraction)
  2. Philippines (attraction)

Claudia from New York City
I've been to Malaysia countless times and was only asked once for an onward ticket. It was the airline that asked and not immigration. To ensure you don't have a problem, have your onward ticket to Qatar handy. 
According to imi.gov.my, all visitors must present proof of funds to show his/her ability to stay in Malaysia and a confirmed return ticket to another destination. There is no mention of country of origin.

1. Malaysia (attraction)