Nuwan
Negombo

Nuwan from Negombo asked

Best places to visit in Malaysia?

I'm planning to visit Malaysia next weekend with my wife & 11 month old infant daughter. I will be staying in the KL city for 3 nights. i would like to know places that I should go and visit in Malaysia?

Malaysia

Rasto from Edmonton

Three days in KL is enough to give you taste of the city and enjoy various places. KL has very good transportation LRT system which will allow you to move around very quickly without a car. Depending where you go, sometime you will have to use cab as well.

I would suggest the following attractions, some of them mentioned earlier:

1. Petronas Towers - you can make reservation online to be sure you get in since there is limited number of visitors allowed every day and sometimes it can get crowded. Pre-purchase of tickets is as well a bit cheaper. Try to get there shortly before sunset so you will have an opportunity to see the city during day and when it lits up after sunset. *pictures*

2. Butterfly Park KL very well maintained tropical garden with butterflies flying around, indoor collection of insect and a nice gift shop. If you get tired of the bustling city and urban chaos this is definitely place to go and relax. Can be something to enjoy even for your little daugher. *pictures*

3. Kl Bird Park world largest free-flight walk-in bird park. Really not that far from Butterfly Park so you don't have to move around that much and nearby you have as well Kuala Lumpur Orchid Parkand Deer Park. All great attractions for kids I would say. I didn't go to Bird Park since I saw a lot of the creatures during my jungle treks, but for those stuck in the city it's a nice option.

4. Petaling Street flee market, restaurants and hawker stalls will give you just another opportunity to see different aspect of the city and what it can offer. It can get crowded there, but it was fun to walk there and trying street food.

5. Batu Caves located north of the city, but easily accessible by LRT. Buddha statue at the base of the staircase is impressive. Recommend to wear long pants or bring sarong for ladies since you will not be allowed to enter in shorts and will have to rent sarong for a fee. *pictures*

6. For a day trip I would suggest visiting Melaka which is historical city or one of the British Straights Settlements. You can enjoy various tourist attractions once there - galleries, river cruise, view from rotating tower, sultanate palace, etc. I believe buses for Melaka from KL leave every hour and it takes ~3h to get there. *pictures*

7. Another day trip option would be George Town (Penang), but I would definitely fly there early in the morning since flights there are frequent and generally cheap in Malaysia. Again, a geat place to taste malaysian cuisine and explore mix of all different cultures in Malaysia. Street art is very cool bonus of this city. *pictures*

These are just some suggestions, there is certainly more to see and do in Kuala Lumpur and around. Hope this helps and you have a great trip guys!

1. Petronas Towers (attraction)
  2. Butterfly Park KL (attraction)
  3. Kl Bird Park (attraction)
  4. Kuala Lumpur Orchid Park (attraction)
  5. Petaling Street (attraction)
  6. Batu Caves (city)
  7. Melaka (attraction)
  8. George Town (city)
Jackie from Seremban

If you're only there for 3 days in KL I would suggest Suria KLCC and Petronas TowersJalan Alor Food StreetBatu CavesBukit Bintang and Genting Highlands :)

1. Suria KLCC (attraction)
  2. Petronas Towers (attraction)
  3. Jalan Alor Food Street (attraction)
  4. Batu Caves (city)
  5. Bukit Bintang (attraction)
  6. Genting Highlands (city)
Patricia

The Cameron Highlands and Ipoh  are great sights to see. They are both out of the city proper but offers a wonderful experience for your travel to Malaysia. 

You might want to check out this Malaysia travel guide ive stumbled upon. http://www.travel141.com/malaysia/malaysia-travel-guide-8-destinations-weekend-getaway/ 

Happy traveling!

1. Cameron Highlands (city)
  2. Ipoh (city)