arti
Chandigarh

Malaysia

Best places in Malaysia to visit?

I am planning to visit Malaysia. Can some one let me know the best places to visit?

Sabine from Amsterdam

Hi!  

I lived in Malaysia for a while and saw a lot of the country! 2 things that I would like emphasize on:  

-Langkawi- It has some amazing beaches! Definately the best one is Tanjung Rhu! Empty white sandy beaches which look over some little islets in the amazing blue sea. You know these famous islands in Thailand which you know from the movie the beach? It is like that but then wider, more beautiful and almost NO tourists. Just google it and what you will see in the pictures, is really how it is (or maybe even more beautiful). You can stay at 1 of the resorts at that beach, but it is expensive though.  

A great hotel on Langkawi is also the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort!  

-If you are into diving or want to learn how to dive definitely go to Mabul Island and Sipadan on Borneo! Just one warning: you will be spoiled for the rest of your life! You will never see more beautiful under water life ever again! It is absolutely amazing!! 

Have fun!!

1. Langkawi (region)
  2. Tanjung Rhu (attraction)
  3. Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort (hotel)
  4. Mabul Island (attraction)
  5. Sipadan (island)
  6. Borneo (attraction)

Carole from Paris

Hello!

Malaysia is an amazing country! We spent about three weeks there, itinerary was:

- Malacca

- Kuala Lumpur

- One week in Sabah, Borneo climbing Mount Kinabalu then going to Sandakan to visit the Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary and Sepilok Forest Reserve and finish with two days in Danum Valley (Lembah Danum))

- Cameron Highlands for amazing tea plantations

- Georgetown (Malaysia)

If it can help you make a decision, you can visit my website where all my posts + photos from the trip are posted: www.ooaworld.com/malaysia

Happy Travels!!

1. Mount Kinabalu (attraction)
  2. Sandakan (city)
  3. Labuk Bay Proboscis Monkey Sanctuary (attraction)
  4. Sepilok Forest Reserve (attraction)

Iris from Dublin

I would recommend you to visit Langkawi Island. Very picturesque and interesting place to visit. We went there last year. We booked a car on Langkawi Car Rental and drove all over the island.  Lagkawi Island is full of wild nature and amazing beaches. It made our trip unforgettable.

1. Langkawi Island (attraction)

Julia from London

Perhentian Islands are magnificent and amazing if you enjoy diving or snorkeling. It's definitely my favourite beach destination in Malaysia. If you'd like some city life too, of course Kuala Lumpur is a great option for a couple of days. I can also recommend Penang, it is really vibrant with beautiful scenery.

1. Perhentian Islands (island)
  2. Malaysia (country)
  3. Kuala Lumpur (city)
  4. Penang (city)

Neil from Castle Rock

Kuala Lumpur, Langkawi, George Town, The Orangutan House in Sabah Borneo, Kek Lok Si Buddhist Temple in Penang and anywhere out in the countryside to meet the most amazing and friendly people.

Also, if you're in the mood for a little Spa time don't miss The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat in Ipoh. One of the most amazing Spas in the world IMHO.

1. Kuala Lumpur (city)
  2. Langkawi (region)
  3. George Town (city)
  4. The Orangutan House (attraction)
  5. Sabah Borneo (attraction)
  6. Kek Lok Si (attraction)
  7. The Banjaran Hotsprings Retreat (hotel)