Nick
New Jersey

Nick from New Jersey asked

Camping in Acadia National Park

Hi there, my roommate and I plan to spend a weekend pack backing in Acadia. Does anyone have any tips for good hiking trails, places to camp or things to do?  

I am also into photography, are there nice lookout points, vistas or waterfalls you recommend? 

Maine   Acadia National Park

benita from Kentucky

It's Acadia National Park. My  2 favorite hikes are the Gorman Mtn. go at least as far as the Bowl (a small pond) and from there on up the back of the Beehive. The hike up Gorman is easy but has spectacular views of the ocean.  Also the Northridge trail up the back of Cadillac Mtn. and then go down the front. Or up Chamberlain by the Bear Brook trail. The buses wont be running yet I don't think. So makes the hike longer to get back to your car. Visitor Center has good maps or any of the Cadillac mtn. shops have some really good ones. Enjoy

Matt
Good suggestions – but I think you mean Gorham and Champlain mountain trails.