Rose
Gainesville

Madrid

What cool items did you buy in Madrid?

What special items should I buy while in Madrid?  I'm also interested in any high-end skin care or beauty finds you love from Spain.

Hello Rose!!, I went to a very famous open air flea market called El Rastro and found many interesting and typical things at a very low cost. I bought some "castanuelas" (castanets?), Spanish fans, mantones, antiques,leather bags, and many unique souvenirs.  Besides you can buy a lot of things, It also offers a curious and entertaining walk and a surprise with every step. PS: El Rastro only opens on Sundays.

Saludos!!

1. El Rastro (attraction)

Sarah from Los Angeles, California

I think the lingerie is amazing and so well-priced in Spain!! Especially compared to the States... Check out Intimissi for beautiful lingerie for half the price that you would pay here!

El Corte Inglés is the hot spot for high end products in Spain, it's the Spanish Nordstrom/Macy's although most of the skin care products are what you would get at home, including San Fransisco's Benefit, and lots of French products. 

One item I got from Madrid that I love is a mosaic bull figurine and flamenco fans. 

1. El Corte Inglés (attraction)

Lavi from Madrid

El Rastro is absolutely the best place to find little knick knacks. Jamón is something I'd want to buy and take home with me, not sure about the rules on bringing food like that back to the US. Buy Spanish wine! And lots of it :) I'm not sure about skin products - Madrid has lots of the same skin care stores you can find in the US but there are plenty of little local stores on Calle Fuencarral and on its side streets in Malasaña that could have what you're looking for. 

1. El Rastro (attraction)
  2. Calle Fuencarral (attraction)
  3. Malasaña (neighborhood)

Jacqui from London

We got some awesome little tapas bowls!

Lynnette from Madrid

Well for this season espadrilles the typical spring and summer shoe here. They are comfortable and fashionable. The best one is on Calle Toledo called zapateria. You do have to get in line. So I would say to stop by in the morning. They have siesta hours meaning they close at 1:30 and open at 4.