Peter
Sheffield

Madrid

Best apartment or hotel in Madrid for my wife's birthday?

Hoping to take my wife to Madrid for her birthday June 2016 for 5 days. Looking for a fabulous apartment for 2 or a lovely hotel. Birthday present so price not too much of an issue (within reason). Help please

Cristina from Salamanca, Spain

Hi Peter: when I go to Madrid I adore to rest just in the center in one of the very nice hotels you can find. If you´re looking for a charming hotel I can advice some:

- The Principal Madrid Hotel (just close to Gran Via and "Art Triangle") 

- Room Mate Laura, next to Descalzas Reales´ Convent: 

- Hotel Petit Palace Lealtad Plaza- A convenient and charming hotel close to @Prado Museum

If you want you can also read some posts in my travel blog with recommendations to stay in Madrid

http://www.idayvueltablogdeviajes.com/2015/10/hoteles-centro-Madrid.html

1. The Principal Madrid Hotel (restaurant)
  2. Room Mate Laura (hotel)
  3. Hotel Petit Palace Lealtad Plaza (hotel)
  4. Madrid (attraction)

Yainet from Santiago de Cuba, Cuba

The Apartosuite Principe Pio hotel is beautiful and romantic, very well it located, and has beautiful views

1. Apartosuite Principe Pio (hotel)

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

We spend our last night in Madrid (many years ago) at the Hotel Ritz Madrid.  It is near the Prado del Rey, and  Retiro.    It is a five star hotel.   

if you have never been there, do enjoy a meal at Botín and enjoy authentic Castilian fire roasted meats in the world's oldest continually operating restaurant.  

Once your lodging is confirmed, get the concierge to make a reservation for you.  

1. Hotel Ritz Madrid (hotel)
  2. Prado del Rey (attraction)
  3. Retiro (attraction)
  4. Botín (restaurant)

We stayed at the lovely The Westin Palace.  Excellent location right across the street from the Museo del Prado.  The hotel was absolutely lovely, especially the glass dome in the restaurant.  You would be a short walk to the Parque del Retiro-have a picnic right by the lake.  

1. The Westin Palace (hotel)
  2. Museo del Prado (attraction)
  3. Parque del Retiro (attraction)

Alice from Tandragee

On my last trip to Madrid I stayed with www.friendlyrentals.com Our apartment want plush but suited our needs perfectly and they have a wide range of prices, styles and comfort levels. The service from the local office based off Gran Via in Chueca was great.

1. Madrid (attraction)
  2. Chueca (metro area)

Hi Peter,

We rented an apartment last year from www.spain-select.com Our apartment was lovely, very well equipped with a great bed and luxurious bathroom, but the best thing was the location, our's was 5 minutes walk from the Plaza Mayor and the Mercado de San Miguel and less than 10 minutes from La Latina

1. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  2. Mercado de San Miguel (attraction)
  3. La Latina (attraction)