Peter
Sheffield

Peter from Sheffield asked

Best apartment or hotel in Madrid for my wife's birthday?

Hoping to take my wife to Madrid for her birthday June 2016 for 5 days. Looking for a fabulous apartment for 2 or a lovely hotel. Birthday present so price not too much of an issue (within reason). Help please

Madrid (Spain)

Cristina from Salamanca, Spain
Hi Peter: when I go to Madrid I adore to rest just in the center in one of the very nice hotels you can find. If you´re looking for a charming hotel I can advice some:
The Principal Madrid Hotel (just close to Gran Via and "Art Triangle") 

Room Mate Laura, next to Descalzas Reales´ Convent: 

Hotel Petit Palace Lealtad Plaza- A convenient and charming hotel close to @Prado Museum
If you want you can also read some posts in my travel blog with recommendations to stay in Madrid. 
http://www.idayvueltablogdeviajes.com/2015/10/hoteles-centro-Madrid.html

Yainet from Santiago de Cuba, Cuba

The Apartosuite Principe Pio hotel is beautiful and romantic, very well it located, and has beautiful views

Claire from Fort Worth, Texas

We spend our last night in Madrid (many years ago) at the Hotel Ritz Madrid.  It is near the Prado del Rey, and  Retiro.    It is a five star hotel.   

if you have never been there, do enjoy a meal at Botín and enjoy authentic Castilian fire roasted meats in the world's oldest continually operating restaurant.  

Once your lodging is confirmed, get the concierge to make a reservation for you.  

Maria
Hi! You can download the App WONOWO both in Apple Store and Playstore very useful to travel in Spain, by car, train and rent apartments :)

1. Hotel Ritz Madrid (hotel)
  2. Prado del Rey (attraction)
  3. Retiro (attraction)
  4. Botín (restaurant)
Alice from Tandragee
On my last trip to Madrid, I stayed with www.friendlyrentals.com Our apartment wasn't plush but suited our needs perfectly and they have a wide range of prices, styles and comfort levels. The service from the local office based off Gran Via in Chueca was great.

1. Chueca (metro area)

Hi Peter,

We rented an apartment last year from www.spain-select.com Our apartment was lovely, very well equipped with a great bed and luxurious bathroom, but the best thing was the location, our's was 5 minutes walk from the Plaza Mayor and the Mercado de San Miguel and less than 10 minutes from La Latina

1. Plaza Mayor (attraction)
  2. Mercado de San Miguel (attraction)
  3. La Latina (attraction)