Olivia
Philadelphia

Madrid

Best Coffee in Madrid?

Hello!

I will be moving to Madrid for one year to teach English at the end of the month. Coffee is a HUGE part of my life and I am always blogging​ about my favorite spots in Philadelphia (current city). Where are the best coffee shops to visit in Madrid? I like any kind of coffee, but if someone could specifically let me know where to go for a cafe con leche that would be awesome as well!

Liv

The best coffee I had in Madrid was in the Mercado de San Miguel - also the best churros!

1. Madrid (attraction)
  2. Mercado de San Miguel (attraction)

Elena from Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hi, Olivia! I live Madrid and I love coffee, when I go out with my friends I usually go to a milk bar or coffee shop for taking a good mug of coffee and to get on top things and talk about everything.

My favorite one is La Ciudad Invisible | Café-librería de viajesyou can find it in google maps easily. Is near to the centre. It's charming and you can read a travel guide while you're drinking coffee or tea, is a coffee shop with travel guides. I highly recomend the tea in this one, but the coffee is really good too.

Another one is Faborit Coffee Shop S Lthis one for example is a franchise but I'm in love with the coffees menu, You can try a moka, a latte or a good capuccino for a good price, is a cheap one. 

If you wanna know more or contact me I give you my e-mail: elena-valerio@hotmail.com. I hope you enjoy your stay in Madrid.

Greetings,

Elena :)

quico from Madrid

Best Coffee in Madrid comes from Cafés la Mexicana. Find in Preciados street. they have an amazin history.  http://www.lamexicana.es/

1. Cafés la Mexicana (restaurant)

Andrea from Madrid

Hi Olivia!

I've been in Madrid for a year and I personally believe that Madrid is one of the cities with the worst coffee shops in Spain.

However, one of my favourite places is Salon Des Fleurs, it's precious and cozy, plus they sell vintage decorations in the second floor. Another good place to enjoy a good brunch is El Colmao GastroClub en la Latina, Dray Martina or Bendita Locura Coffee & Dreams.

But maybe, one of the best coffee shops is TOMA CAFÉ.

I hope you find this info useful :)

1. Salon Des Fleurs (attraction)
  2. El Colmao GastroClub (restaurant)
  3. Dray Martina (restaurant)
  4. Bendita Locura Coffee & Dreams (restaurant)
  5. TOMA CAFÉ (restaurant)

MARINO from Asturias

Hi Olivia: 

When I visit Madrid I always visit La Mallorquina It´s located in Puerta del Sol, the real centre Town.
They spent many years serving good coffee, and sweets also.
I hope you enjoy

1. La Mallorquina (restaurant)

Tomer from Tel Aviv, Israel

hi, you can find a great coffee or chocolate with churros (typic in spain) in a small place called chocolat on 30 Santa Maria, Madrid. i like to go there whenever i visit Madrid. enjoy!!

Brian from Philadelphia

La Mallorquina is a great little spot off of Puerta del Sol for cafe con leche. Must must must try their pastries, my favorite is the mirliton (de rouen), a super old school french tart that no one ever makes and I can't get off my mind. Write it on a piece of paper and hand it to the barista.

Really anywhere in Madrid look for the gold plaques at the door, this means the business has been there for over 100 years.

1. La Mallorquina (restaurant)
  2. Puerta del Sol (attraction)