Wyatt
Dubuque

Wyatt from Dubuque asked

One day trip, looking for a good time under $100

I'm taking my girlfriend to Madison this upcoming weekend for a day trip. We're in high school so our budget will be under $100 each. We're both looking to have an awesome time doing whatever 18 year olds can do in Madison, if anyone has some suggested activities that'd be great!

Madison

Ross from Sullivan (Missouri)

Erin's Snug Irish Pub and The Side Door are two really great restaurants and are reasonably priced. Make sure to get the cheese curds at the first and the Mac 'n Cheese at the second. I'm sure everything is good though. The Side Door Grill and Tap is downtown and around a lot of other cool places to find stuff to do. Erin's is out of the way, but worth it. There are bike rentals and bike paths all over Madison. I don't know what the temps will be, but it's a really pretty ride along the lake. I apologize that most of my experience there is with food, but at least you'll eat well! ;)

"most of my experience there is with food" -- sounds like most of my travels :P The sound of cheese curds and mac n cheese has my stomach growling!

Nathan

Ha, it's a huge college town so most of what the kids do is under age drinking :)  But, it sounds like that's not do-able.

Just wandering around campus, State Street and the lake fronts is interesting.  Get a drink (soda ;) on the Memorial Union Terrace (and Der Rathskeller restaurant is also good).  Tour the Wisconsin State Capitol building.

If the Badgers are playing hockey or football then you might get tickets to a game for circa $20 each.  The UW Arboretum is supposed to be great but I haven't been there.

Sorry not to be more helpful but Madison is just a fun place to hang out, so I'm sure you'll have fun and meet some cool people

1. State Street (attraction)
  2. Memorial Union Terrace (attraction)
  3. Der Rathskeller (attraction)
  4. Wisconsin State Capitol (attraction)
  5. UW Arboretum (attraction)