Jim
Philadelphia

Jim from Philadelphia asked

Mackinaw Island State Park - Proximity to Ferry

Are there walking paths that will take you from the ferry landing on Mackinaw Island to the Island's State Park?  It appears that it is only a mile in distance.  

Mackinac Island (Michigan)

There are 70 miles of trails there. Right when you exit the Ferry at Mackinac Island State Harbor, there are bike rentals, l suggest you walk past the 1st rental and go to the 2nd, no line at the 2nd bike rental. Then ride the bike to the Mackinac Island State Park. From there you can plan your journey, drop your items off, etc. Fabulous place. Summer is 2 weeks in July. Bring a jacket for the evening.

Jim
Thanks so much, very helpful

l stayed at Otsego Lake State Park in Gaylord which was an hour away. I had a Grand Experience on the Island. l went to the High Tea Service which is my thing. I took a carriage ride. I rode a bike around half the Island. l kept getting off and on, going shopping and eating. I was rocking on the rocking chairs on the big porch of the Grand Hotel for an hour. Everything is picturesque.

1. Otsego Lake State Park (attraction)
  2. Gaylord (city)
  3. Grand Hotel (hotel)

Login   ·   About   ·   FAQ   ·   Contact   ·   Privacy   ·   Terms