Mike

Machu Picchu

When is the best time of the year to trek the Machu Picchu?

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Peru from New York this year and trying to figure out the best time of the year to go to Peru and trek the Machu Picchu. Is it a difficult trek and does it require specific training and physical endurance?

Thanks for the tips,

Cheers,

Mike 

Kate from Salzburg

There are 2 ways to get to Machu Picchu, you can take the bus, that is US$32 per via, it takes around 25 minutes to get to the top of the mountain, and it will drop you off at the entrance of the city. You can also do the hike, it is steep and with tropical weather, but you get nice views on clear days. 

You should be in good shape to walk all the way up, I believe it will take at least 2 hours to finish the trek. 

The best time you can visit is September, because is still in the dry season and will be less busy in that time of the year.

I hope it helps!

1. Machu Picchu (attraction)