Lauren
Lansing, Illinois

Machu Picchu, Peru

Is the Inca Rail Tourist Train worth it?

My husband and I want to visit Machu Picchu. We really want to hike the Inca trail but we will be leaving our 9 month old son at home and we are too nervous about going 5 days without cell coverage to call home. We are considering a different tour that includes a train ride to Machu Picchu. I'm wondering if the train ride is worth it or if we should considering coming back when our baby is older and we aren't as nervous leaving him so we can hike instead. 

Pablo from Chañaral, Chile

Well the Inca Rail it's really good and safe, If you want to take the train there are't a lot of alternatives because the normal rail it's only for Peruvian people as long as I know. Going on vehicle I think that it's dangerous because of the road, so I would defenitely recommend using the train. I hope my answer could help, bye. 

Felipe from Maceio

Hi Lauren, yes, it's worth it. The train is secure and it is ok. I agree with you that the Inca Trail isn't for baby's. Have a nice trip! Felipe