Kevin

Who's the best tattoo artist in town?

I'll be in Venice for few weeks only and I'd love to get a tattoo there. Of course I'd love a good price but frankly my main obsession is the quality of the work.

Ysmay from Alfred, New York

Freddy Negrete at Shamrock Social Club is hands down the best tattoo artist in Los Angeles. Freddy invented the iconic fineline black and grey style, and has only continued to perfect it. Freddy is the best of the best, and has been tattooing professionally for 30 years.

Shamrock Social Club is home to several prominent tattoo artists including Louie Perez, and Booboo Negrete (Freddy's son). Shamrock Social Club is owned by talented tattoo artist Mark Mahoney. If you can't get in to see Freddy, Mark, Louie, and Booboo are all outstanding artists as well.

Freddy's work is not the cheapest, but the quality is so stellar it's worth every penny.

Freddy is a good friend of mine, and he has done several pieces on me. I can personally vouch for his top-notch quality. If you go, tell Freddy Ysmay recommended him.

Check out Freddy's Instagram to see his work. http://instagram.com/freddy_negrete You can call Shamrock to make an appointment.

1. Shamrock Social Club (attraction)

Jesse from Los Angeles

Marco at Ink Sessions Tattoo and Body Piercing in North Hollywood:

5755 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601

1. Ink Sessions Tattoo and Body Piercing (attraction)

I got a tattoo at Ink Monkey Inc in Venice while I was visiting a friend down there (she suggested the place) and it turned out great. My artist was Jason Profant but I don't think he's there anymore.

1. Ink Monkey Inc (attraction)