Andy

Where to stay for a weekend in LA (10/4 - 10/6) for 2 guys

I'm traveling with a buddy of mine to LA for a weekend and we need help figuring out where to stay. We're 2 guys in our early 30s. We would like to be close to the beach, but we also don't want to pay much more than $100/night.

Are there areas in town where we can find cheap hotels or airbnbs that are close to the beach and have an active nightlife? 

I know that sounds like a difficult combination, but hopefully someone knows some hidden gems in LA!

Jillian from Los Angeles

I would definitely try Airbnb in areas like Venice Beach or Santa Monica. I just did a quick search, and a studio or 1 bed looks doable with your budget. 

Anything close to Main Street in Santa Monica has fun nightlife spots like Brick + MortarThe Misfit Restaurant + BarThe Bungalow (go early or you will wait in line), or The Victorian, to laid back places like Finn McCoolsLibrary Alehouse or Venice Ale House. I would stay in a rental north of Rose Street.

In Venice, I would look close to Abbot Kinney Blvd, but rentals might be a little pricer and this area might be better for dinner options. Although, you will find The BrigThe Otheroom, and Nikki's for night spots. Don't miss High Rooftop Lounge for sunset on top of Hotel Erwin.

There's also south Venice/Marina Del Rey. Anything close by Washington Blvd is great. Head to Sunny Spot, James' Beach or right on the beach and a little touristy, Venice Whaler Bar & Grill

If you have any other questions, happy to help as I live in Venice!

1. Venice Beach (city)
  2. Santa Monica (city)
  3. Brick + Mortar (restaurant)
  4. The Misfit Restaurant + Bar (restaurant)
  5. The Bungalow (attraction)
  6. The Victorian (attraction)
  7. Finn McCools (attraction)
  8. Library Alehouse (restaurant)
  9. Venice Ale House (neighborhood)
  10. Abbot Kinney Blvd (attraction)
  11. The Brig (restaurant)
  12. The Otheroom (restaurant)
  13. Nikki's (restaurant)
  14. High Rooftop Lounge (attraction)
  15. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
  16. Marina Del Rey (city)
  17. Sunny Spot (restaurant)
  18. James' Beach (restaurant)
  19. Venice Whaler Bar & Grill (attraction)

Antoinette from France

We stayed 3 days in LA with my boyfriend, at Danielle's https://www.airbnb.fr/rooms/2012572.

This airbnb is very cosy, we had a room in a little bungalow behind the house. Danielle is very friendly and do everything to make your trip easy and nice. You can borrow some bikes for free and reach the bitch in 10 minutes. Enjoy your trip!

pamela from Los Angeles

Sea Shore Motel on Main Street in Santa Monica/Venice or there is a great Hostel on 2nd street in Santa Monica.

1. Sea Shore Motel (hotel)