Cyrille asked

Where to stay for a couple of months in LA?

Hello! I'm going to be in LA for a couple of months and was wondering where a good neighborhood/place to stay would be? I'm looking for something affordable. What would you recommend? Thank you!!

Cyrille

I highly recommend my neighborhood in Belmont Shore which is part of Long Beach. There is a main street with several restaurants and bars that you can walk to. A very clean Bay where you can paddle board, swim, or kayak. I kind of cruddy beach, but a nice bike path and a view of the ocean. Seal Beach where you can swim in the ocean and lie on the sand is about 5 to 10 minutes away. You are about 30 minutes from LAX, about 45 minutes to the South Bay and Santa Monica, and about 45 minutes from Beverly Hills. It's the cheapest beach city that is still nice and has a lot to offer. Best of all, Orange County is 5 minutes away so you can go down to Newport Beach and Laguna in a half hour ta king scenic PCH. You can also get to downtown San Diego in two hours at non traffic times. Unfortunately, because it is LA you are probably going to need a rental car. Mass transit is available to some beach areas and outlying areas from downtown.

1. Belmont Shore (attraction)
  2. Seal Beach (attraction)
  3. Santa Monica (city)
  4. Beverly Hills (neighborhood)
  5. San Diego (city)
Sherrie from West Los Angeles

Check for an AirBnB around West LA: Santa Monica, Venice or Marina del Rey. You'll be close to the ocean and everyone is super laid back. Lots to do within walking distance.

Breanna from Los Angeles

Mid-Wilshire is a nice, clean, safe, central area with decent prices. They may be slightly higher than other areas like Koreatown, but you'll be close to plenty of things that you can walk to and the neighborhoods are really darling. Try Airbnb or search Craigslist for sublets. 

1. Mid-Wilshire (attraction)
  2. Koreatown (attraction)
Lisa from Los Angeles

Cyrille,

I think one of the most affordable areas (where many travel writers live now) is Koreatown. I would see who needs a roommate on Craigslist or Westside Rentals and look in Santa Monica. I always love to be near the beach and walking distance from restaurants! 

Lisa

1. Koreatown (attraction)
  2. Santa Monica (city)
Alex from Yorba Linda

Consider downtown, where many places are available for long-term leases via AirBnB or other channels. While it has rough spots, it's well-connected to other parts of Los Angeles via metro lines and buses, has plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants that cater to every budget, and is generally cheaper than anything closer to the coast.