chan

Where are fun family places to go in Los Angeles?

Heading to Los Angeles with my family and was wondering what are some fun places and things to do a family will enjoy?

Breanna from Los Angeles

Check out the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (a personal favorite of mine and I'm, well, not a kid).Also try to stop in at the California Science Center, they always have awesome exhibits that everyone in the family can enjoy.

1. Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (attraction)
  2. California Science Center (attraction)

Quang from Los Angeles

Third vote for California Science Center.  My sister has a 5-year old daughter and said she loved it there.  Also, consider the La Brea Tar Pits, which is near the LACMA.

1. California Science Center (attraction)
  2. La Brea Tar Pits (attraction)
  3. LACMA (attraction)

Connor

Malibu Beach, Venice BeachSanta Monica Pier and Manhattan Beach are all great places to see.  I would recommend sneaking into Broad Beach in Malibu or drinking some wine at Malibu Wines

1. Malibu Beach (attraction)
  2. Venice Beach (attraction)
  3. Santa Monica Pier (attraction)
  4. Manhattan Beach (city)
  5. Malibu Wines (attraction)

Srikanth from Los Angeles

Hi Chan,

Here are some places that might be good to visit in LA with a family:

- Santa Monica Pier Carousel and Third Street Promenade

- Universal Studios Hollywood (if you have one full day available)

- Hollywood Walk of fame, Mann's Chinese Theater

1. Santa Monica Pier Carousel (attraction)
  2. Third Street Promenade (attraction)
  3. Universal Studios Hollywood (attraction)
  4. Hollywood Walk of fame (attraction)
  5. Mann's Chinese Theater (attraction)

Gretel from Sebastian

I recently went with my niece to the California Science Center, parking is $10 but admission is free, she had a blast. You can also check out the rose garden and the natural history museum at the same time. Little tokyo and the placita olvera downtown is also pretty great, especially with kids, you can find parking in between and go to both. Huntington Gardens and library in Pasadena is a favorite of mine, I take all my guests there, it's absolutely beautiful, probably a 4-5 hour event. Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific is pretty great too, and you can buy a 2-hour whale watching tour with admission, and the restaurants and Ferris wheel around the area are nice too. There's always Universal, 6 flags, Knotts Berry Farm, water park, and Disney. Depends on how much you want to spend, and how much patience you have. Santa Monica is a great place to go too, along with The Grove and Americana at brand in Glendale (there's a music fountain, trolley, and a large area of grass you can go to sit and people-watch) if you like shopping. I hope you have a blast, whatever you choose! 

Fritzi from San Francisco

Going to the beach is great family fun. I recommend Zuma Beach, Santa Monica or Malibu Beach. Twilight beach picnics are also great: this is what we did for fun when I was growing up in LA.

1. Zuma Beach (attraction)
  2. Santa Monica (city)
  3. Malibu Beach (attraction)

Johnny from Las Vegas

Universal Studios Hollywood is great.  If you go north, there's a Six Flags Magic Mountain.  Of course there's Disneyland.  Santa Monica Pier Carousel is less of a time and money commitment.  The beaches are great too.

1. Universal Studios Hollywood (attraction)
  2. Six Flags Magic Mountain (restaurant)
  3. Disneyland (attraction)
  4. Santa Monica Pier Carousel (attraction)