Matt
Santa Monica

What's you're favorite Thai food restaurant in Los Angeles?

I've been living in Los Angeles for two years now and am having a hard time finding great Thai food. I've been to a couple okay places in Thai Town but I'm looking for that authentic taste that takes me back to northern Thailand. 

Also, any restaurants with nicer decor I might be able to introduce my dad to Thai cuisine with?

Spencer from Los Angeles

I imagine you'll get a lot of responses for Jitlada Restaurant, which I hear some of the most recommendations for. However, if it's Northern Thai you're doing for, I'd recommend Night + Market. I haven't had anything there I didn't love. Some standouts for me included the chicken wings (yes, chicken wings), beef grapow topped with an egg, and drunken noodles with short rib. Great vibe, too.

My go-to, however, is more of a low-key spot (BYOB or wine) that's also great for takeout, Galanga Thai Fusion. It's easy to miss, but great menu, and my favorite pra ram I've had in L.A.

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Night + Market (restaurant)
  3. Galanga Thai Fusion (restaurant)

Valerie from Los Angeles

Isaan Station is one of the best Thai restaurants i've ever been to. Super authentic and generous portion sizes. You have to try their papaya salad. 

1. Isaan Station (restaurant)

Patrick from Los Angeles

Try Jitlada Restaurant .. or if you like noodles, try Pa-Ord Noodle, order the thai boat noodle or the crispy pork rice and add fried egg ... enjoy! 

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Pa-Ord Noodle (restaurant)

Breanna from Los Angeles

For Northern Thai food, I'd check out Pok Pok Phat Thai- Los Angeles. Chef Andy Ricker is basically obsessed with bringing authentic Chiang Mai cuisine to the states (YES!) - so this is probably on point with what you're looking for.

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't been yet so I can't give any personal recommendations, but I think I'm going to change that today!

1. Pok Pok Phat Thai- Los Angeles (restaurant)

Vicky from Los Angeles

Jitlada Restaurant in Thai Town as mentioned by everyone is always great. If you don't mind driving to Garden Grove in Orange County, the spicy dishes at Thai Nakorn, many of them Northern style, are as authentic as any dishes you get in Thailand. 

We in LA are lucky to have access to Thai food as authentic as in Thailand - many of which are hole-in-the-wall type of places like one of my old time favorites Sanamluang Cafe, which open till late if you're in the mood for Thai food in Thai town after a night out. 

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Thai Nakorn (restaurant)
  3. Sanamluang Cafe (restaurant)