Matt

What's the most authentic thai food in LA?

Any price. I just want the most authentic and tasty! 

Kristina from Los Angeles

I am a lover of Thai food so here it goes: Original Thai BBQ serves just that, Sapp Coffee Shop  don't let the name "Coffee Shop" fool you-it has great food, Ruen Pair is another good choice, and Jitlada Restaurant is very well known, and if your in the South Bay my absolute favorite Thai restaurant is Sirinat Thai... I have driven more than an hour to dine at my favorite place because its just that good (my fav's are the jungle curry and phat si-io)! Happy dining! 

The Original Thai BBQ Restaurant

1. Sapp Coffee Shop (restaurant)
  2. Ruen Pair (restaurant)
  3. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Sirinat Thai (restaurant)
  5. Original Thai BBQ (attraction)

Ollie from Los Angeles

IMO Night + Market Song has very authentic Norhtern Thai food. Another classic is Jitlada Restaurant in Thai Town.

1. Night + Market Song (restaurant)
  2. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)

Andres from Los Angeles

Hands down Night + Market. Best thai food I've tasted in my entire life.

1. Night + Market (restaurant)

Spencer from Los Angeles

Per others' recommendations, Jitlada Restaurant. I don't know if they're the most authentic, but I love Galanga Thai Fusion. Really good Pra Ram, which I love, and you can bring in your own beer and wine. Another favorite of mine is Cholada Thai Beach Cuisine in Malibu. On a warm afternoon it's nice to do wine tasting outside next door at Rosenthal Wine Bar & Patio and then do Thai next door at Cholada. Another favorite is Night + Market.

And this is all without even mentioning Thai Town, like Ruen PairHonestly, you won't have any problem finding a ton. So many great Thai options. 

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Galanga Thai Fusion (restaurant)
  3. Cholada Thai Beach Cuisine (restaurant)
  4. Rosenthal Wine Bar & Patio (attraction)
  5. Night + Market (restaurant)
  6. Ruen Pair (restaurant)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Hi Matt!

You should definitely check out Jitlada Restaurant. Order the Crying Tiger Beef and Mango Sticky Rice for dessert, and be prepared for the place to be packed! Like, crazy packed. And they don't take reservations.

I haven't been yet, but from what I hear the new Pok Pok Phat Thai in Chinatown is on point as far as authenticity goes. It will be based on Northern Thai food, which is a tad different from what you'd find in Bangkok or Southern Thailand for example. 

A personal favorite of mine is Palms Thai Restaurant. There are huge communal tables and the wait staff all wear earpieces, so not an authentic experience, but the food is fantastic. I LOVE (maybe more like obsessed with) their Tom Ka Gai (#20) and Shoo Shee Giant Shrimp (#102). Plus they have Singha for $4, so that's a win.

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Palms Thai Restaurant (restaurant)
  3. Pok Pok Phat Thai (attraction)

Dave from California

Well the good news is Los Angeles has some of the best Thai food in the world outside of Thailand - helped by the fact the largest population of Thai's live here outside of Thailand :) And yes I've had some really crappy Thai food all over the world.

I definitely second, third, fourth etc Ruen Pair based on the other mentions - just a little whole in the wall continuing to produce about as close as you can find food - similar to what you would find in Thailand - they have gotten some good buzz lately, I bumped into Melting Pot Tours there recently. I love their beef noodle soup. Nice to see their rating is back up to an A :)

Also very good Thai food is Boran Thai Restaurant on Hollywood Blvd - which replaced the Hoy Ka Noodle shop (now on Sunset) and also very highly recommended.

Others include KT Kruang Tedd, Ruen Pair (already mentioned) and Yai Thai Restaurant (little more Chinese influenced). For dessert be sure to pop into the every popular Bhan Kanom Thai.

The Palms is also good - although perhaps not as popular as when they moved from their tiny location to their current location a number of years ago.

All these restaurants are in or near Thai Town just off of the 101 along or near Hollywood Blvd. These are just a few ...  :)

1. Ruen Pair (restaurant)

chuck from Portland

Like others have said Jitlada Restaurant is the most authentic and very good. 

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)

Valerie from Los Angeles

I recently went to Isaan Station in Korea Town a few weeks ago and loved it. If you're looking for authenticity, this is your place. Unique ingredients that I've never seen at any other Thai restaurant that i've been to. 

1. Isaan Station (restaurant)

jack from California

You can find a wide variety of Thai restaurants in LA. I would like to recommend you to Araya's Place - Thai Vegan Restaurant. You can taste the delicious pumpkin curry with peanut butter sauce. It is really awesome. 

1. Araya's Place (restaurant)

amery from Chinatown New York

Jitlada Restaurant is a good one destination for having delicious food there. I  enjoyed taste and awesome dinner twice there. The address is LA, California 90027,323-667-9809 and opening hours are from 11:00 am to 10:30 pm. Must go for it i am sure you would love to visit there again and again. http://www.bestbustours.com/2-days-from-new-york-to-niagara-falls-thousand-islands-tour.html. Now i am going to thousand islands tour and looking for such nice spot there as well.

1. Jitlada Restaurant (restaurant)

beth from Malibu

1. Malibu Beach (attraction)
  2. Cholada Thai Beach Cuisine (restaurant)