Chrisitne
Warrington (Pennsylvania)

What would a teen like to do in LA?

I am traveling to LA with my 13 year old daughter and my best friend. What are some teen friendly things to do and places not to be missed while we are there? We will be there for 5 days. Thanks!

Valerie from Los Angeles

If I were coming to Los Angeles as a teenager I'd love all the shopping options at either The Grove or Third Street Promenade. Take a tour at Warner Bros Studio and walk down Rodeo Drive for some luxury shopping. I just window shop :) Close by, there's Sprinkles Ice Cream and you MUST try (fōnuts)

Definitely plan for a beach day and head over to Manhattan Beach the beaches in Santa Monica and Venice Beach are a little too touristy for me. 

Have a great time! 

1. The Grove (attraction)
  2. Third Street Promenade (attraction)
  3. Warner Bros Studio (attraction)
  4. Rodeo Drive (attraction)
  5. Sprinkles Ice Cream (attraction)
  6. (fōnuts) (restaurant)
  7. Manhattan Beach (city)
  8. Santa Monica (city)
  9. Venice Beach (attraction)

Kelly from Los Angeles

While The Grove would be fun, and your daughter will surely find things to bring home, I would take her to Abbot Kinney in Venice instead. She can shop in stores she most likely won't see back home, and you guys can stop to eat at one of the many popular restaurants -- Gjelina gets my vote. Head over to the canals so that she can get some good Instagrams, too. And when I was a 13-year-old girl living in L.A., there was one place I wanted to see: the Sunset Strip (don't worry, you'll be with her). Drive through it at night. For your beach day, head to the beach cities of Manhattan Beach or Hermosa Beach, and rent bikes to ride on the Strand.

1. The Grove (attraction)
  2. Abbot Kinney (attraction)
  3. Gjelina (restaurant)
  4. Manhattan Beach (city)
  5. Hermosa Beach (city)

Clancy

Bring the sunblock and plenty of bottled water and hit up the Third Street Promenade for some window shopping and to watch the buskers.

Then hit the Santa Monica State Beach beach for a couple of hours of sun and fun.

Stroll along Santa Monica Pier to watch the gorgeous sunset. 

Plenty of food options in the area from pricey restaurants to fair food on the pier. Part of the fun will be exploring the offerings and picking what looks appealing. 

Park in one of the many parking garages on 2nd or 4th, surrounding the Promenade - first 90 mins are free, $14 maximum daily. Just park and forget it. No one comes to LA to experience the traffic/parking.

One day, guaranteed to leave a 13 year old girl tired and happy. :)

1. Santa Monica State Beach (park)
  2. Santa Monica Pier (attraction)
  3. Third Street Promenade (attraction)

Chris from Los Angeles

Walk around/rent bikes up and down the Venice Beach Boardwalk and Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade. Watch a Dodger game at Dodger Stadium, basketball game or concert at the Figueroa / 12th and walk around L.A. Live.

1. Venice Beach Boardwalk (attraction)
  2. Santa Monica Pier (attraction)
  3. Dodger Stadium (attraction)
  4. Figueroa / 12th (attraction)
  5. L.A. Live (attraction)
  6. Third Street Promenade (attraction)