Laura
The Colony, Texas

Los Angeles, Orange County

What to do with 3 teens for a day in Los Angeles and Ladera Ranch?

Flying into LAX in August and spending the day in Los Angeles. What should I do with 3 teenagers for an entire day before driving to Ladera Ranch for 4 days. Then, once in Ladera Ranch - Suggestions???  Thanks!

If money is an issue, head to Venice Beach. Teenagers will gawk at Muscle Beach and enjoy shopping along the boardwalk in Venice. You can have lunch down there and spend an afternoon on the beach. You can also go towards Santa Monica and let the kids shop on the Third Street Promenade. If they are obsessed with celebrities, take them on the TMZ bus tour. It's campy and there's a chance they could see some celebrities.

1. Venice Beach (attraction)
  2. Muscle Beach (attraction)
  3. Santa Monica (city)
  4. Third Street Promenade (attraction)

Spencer from Los Angeles

I'm not familiar with Ladera Ranch, but I can speak to L.A. These were some tips I originally gave recently:

It was teen-ish years when I first came to L.A. Highlights for me included some of the studio tours, such as Warner Bros Studio But I mean even now I still get my kicks from Disneylandand Disney's California Adventure.

Have you heard of Fantastic Race? Kind of like an "Amazing Race" for seeing a city. Heard some good things about it from friends with kids. Otherwise, Universal Studios Hollywood or seeing a free screening. I've used 1iota before, which offers free tickets for shows like Jimmy Kimmel.

If they're somewhat interested in museums (and it's a weekend), the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo is interesting on the weekend, since you can take rides in some of their antique cars. Just get there early.

1. Warner Bros Studio (attraction)
  2. Disneyland (attraction)
  3. Disney's California Adventure (attraction)
  4. Universal Studios Hollywood (attraction)
  5. Automobile Driving Museum (attraction)