Valerie

Valerie from Los Angeles asked

Top Brunch Spots in L.A.?

I love a good (sometimes boozy) brunch. So, brunch it on me. What are the best brunch spots in Los Angeles right now? Price not a factor, just want the top, must try spots in LA!

Los Angeles   Santa Monica   Venice Beach

Breanna from Los Angeles

If a boozy brunch is what you're after (high five), Bacari PDR is your new favorite place! They do bottomless mimosas, bellinis and sangria pitchers for $15 an hour. 

So, go have your boozy brunch (plus order the croque madame), then walk the 100 yards and crash on the beach for a few.

Valerie
Looove this place! Their happy hour is bomb too!

Breanna
Agreed - they love their bottomless specials (and I love them for that!). $25 for 90 min of bottomless Happy Hour wine/beer/sangria for all of you not in the know! (YOU ARE WELCOME.)

1. Bacari PDR (restaurant)
Rachel from Los Angeles

I always love Cecconi's, Soho House, the Montage Beverly Hills...and AOC is beautiful.

Valerie
Love AOC! Thanks for the suggestions, Rachel!

Brew
Love Cecconi's. So good.

1. Cecconi's (restaurant)
  2. Soho House (attraction)
  3. Montage Beverly Hills (hotel)
  4. AOC (restaurant)
Trevor from Los Angeles

Hi Valerie, 

Who doesn't love a good boozy brunch?! And LA knows how to do it, there are so many great places!

If you're looking for the best places "right now" check out Stir Market, a bright and casual European market-style restaurant and shop with a nice patio great for brunching. 

If you want to explore one of LA's soon-to-be coolest neighborhood then head to Atwater Village and eat at Canelé. You'll kill two birds with one stone...you can say you explored the hood before it was huge and you can eat the best french toast ever made (seriously, it is out of this world). 

A few other spots I like: 

Home Restaurant - Located in Los Feliz, Home has an amazing shady patio and is a perfect spot to come after a morning hike in Griffith Park. 

Eveleigh - While you might think the Sunset Strip is only for night time fun, go in the morning to Eveleigh. This place has a great vibe and a beautiful back patio. 

There's another 25 places I could mention, but lets cap it here for now :)

Valerie
Ah, Atwater Village, so hip! I love it there. I'll have have to head back to try that French Toast. Thanks, Trevor!

1. Stir Market (attraction)
  2. Canelé (restaurant)
  3. Home Restaurant (restaurant)
  4. Eveleigh (restaurant)
Lyn from Manhattan Beach

Pancho's Restaurant, a beautiful and wonderful Mexican restaurant in Manhattan Beach, has a great brunch with all the champagne you can drink.  Includes a fruit appetizer, entree, and dessert. And, of course, chips and salsa.  Very friendly waiters.  Most have been there for so long, their name tags have the number of years they have worked at Pancho's.  Been a local institution for many years.

I left out one very important detail (yikes)! It is only on Sundays!

Valerie
I walk by Pancho's all the time, I had no idea they did breakfast! Thanks for the suggestion, Lyn. I'll have to try them out :)

1. Pancho's Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Manhattan Beach (city)
Emily from San Francisco

Republique! It's near Greater Wilshire / Hancock Park http://republiquela.com/

I wanted to eat EVERYTHING there. The counter where you order is loaded with delicious pastries and the menu has a nice mix of breakfast and lunch dishes. I also had this lemon/basil/prosecco/riesling drink that was unusual and refreshing.

Valerie
You had me at basil and prosecco. Thanks for the recommendation, Emily!

1. Republique (restaurant)
  2. Greater Wilshire / Hancock Park (attraction)
Vicky from Los Angeles

AOCFaith & Flower, and Harlowe came to mind when you mentioned booze and brunch. These three places have the best cocktail menu in LA right now, and gorgeous decor in their own way. I can't get enough of AOC's cornmeal waffle with fried chicken - it's pure comfort food, and the ambiance there is cozy, perfect for a long, relaxing brunch. I love the Asian-inspired menu at Faith & Flower, sexy interior, and bold cocktails. Walking into Harlowe is like entering a different era - I've only tried the cocktails there (fabulous!) but brunch is on the list.  

Another brunch favorite is Republique for its perfectly poached eggs, great pastry, and the most delicious shakshouka in LA, set in a beautiful historic space that used to be Charlie Chaplin's office. I do find its order-at-the-counter and free sitting a bit stressful but there are usually free tables if you get there before noon. 

Valerie
Harlowe sounds so cool! Just looked at pictures..wow. Can't wait to check it out. Thank you Vicky!

1. AOC (restaurant)
  2. Faith & Flower (restaurant)
  3. Harlowe (restaurant)
  4. Republique (restaurant)
Spencer from Los Angeles

I'll split out some faves by hood, rated as some of my favorites in part because of the ambiance, but also the food as well. These are all places I'd go more than once. 

Mid City

West Hollywood

Culver City

Venice

Santa Monica

Valerie
Amen to Blu Jam Cafe! Great spot. Can't wait to try the rest out. Thank you, Spencer!

1. BLD Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. The Hart and the Hunter (restaurant)
  3. Blu Jam Cafe (restaurant)
  4. Cafe Vida (restaurant)
  5. Gjelina (restaurant)
  6. Blue Daisy Cafe (restaurant)
Patrick from Los Angeles

Try the Larchmont Bungalow. Get the red & blue pancake, it's good for 5-6 people :)

Valerie
Wait wait wait...do you mean a red velvet and blue velvet pancake!? Sold.

Patrick
Yes.. that's the one!!

1. Larchmont Bungalow (restaurant)
Brooke from Los Angeles
  • Sunny Spot- (Venice) Bottomless Mimosas for less than $15! Food isn't fab but definitely one of a kind meals in a fun environment! 
  • Brick + Mortar - (Santa Monica) if you're down for a Main Street Santa Monica feel this spot is on point! ps... while its not "brunch-ish" their fermented tequila shots are AMAZE! 
  • Huckleberry Cafe and Bakery (Santa Monica) - talk about food-gasm! all their food is to die for! #i'deatthisforEVER 

Valerie
Fermented tequila shots sounds like...A GREAT NIGHT. And don't even get me started on Huckleberry...

1. Sunny Spot (restaurant)
  2. Brick + Mortar (restaurant)
  3. Huckleberry Cafe and Bakery (restaurant)
Ali from Culver City

Tart Restaurant is amazing! Located on Fairfax across from the grove. Rush Street and The Overland Cafe are also good for boozy brunches in the Culver City area.

1. Tart Restaurant (restaurant)
  2. Rush Street (restaurant)
  3. Overland Cafe (restaurant)

Gonna represent my hood (Belmont Shore) as some folks think LA does not extend past La Cienega! The Attic for a"Meat Man" bloody mary and chicken fried steak eggs benedict, Berlin Coffee House for great ambiance (try the Tallahassee Brunch, Grits or one of their vegetarian options) Starling Diner for stuffed french toast and bottomless mimosas, and Schooner Or Later where you'll wait at least 25 minutes but can have a pre-breakfast stroll around the marina before a great cocktail and some good home style breakfasts. Come a little bit south and try the LBC. It's not a ghetto and has some incredible resraurants.

1. Belmont Shore (attraction)
  2. The Attic (restaurant)
  3. Berlin Coffee House (attraction)
  4. Starling Diner (restaurant)
  5. Schooner Or Later (restaurant)
Laurance from Los Angeles

Rae's Restaurant on Pico Bl in Santa Monica.

Valerie
Thanks, Laurance! I've driven by Rae's before and always wanted to check it out.

1. Rae's Restaurant (restaurant)
Sean from Hartford

Try Yamashiro (Hollywood) and then go to the Magic Castle Hotelfor some close-up magic show. Spago Beverly Hills or Crustaceanin Beverly Hills.

1. Yamashiro (restaurant)
  2. Magic Castle Hotel (hotel)
  3. Spago Beverly Hills (restaurant)
  4. Crustacean (attraction)