Will
London, United Kingdom

Romantic restaurant in LA

I live in London and am looking for something that is typical LA, that I could not do back home but I don't want to be surrounded by tourists. I don't mind budget and this would be just me + my boo so something sort of romantic. If Ashton + Mila are eating next to us, that is a bonus.

Marina from Canada

Two rustic and charming spots I would recommend are Inn of the Seventh Ray and The Little Door.  Both places have a magical ambience.  

Inn of the Seventh Ray's courtyard is situated next to Topanga creek and thousands of miniature lights create a fairy tale setting.  It feels more like a meditation retreat then a restaurant.   The food is carefully prepared and delicious. I ordered the Copper River Salmon and loved it.

There are four different seating areas at The Little Door - Garden Patio, Winter Garden, Piano Room and Blue Room.  Each offers a slightly different experience depending on your mood.  We shared the 'Little Door Meze Royale' (nice starter) and I revelled in the 'Farro Risotto'.

If you want to see Mila & Ashton, (or other A-list celebs), Giorgio Baldi is the place to be.  I wouldn't call it a romantic atmosphere but it's definitely feisty! 

1. Inn of the Seventh Ray (restaurant)
  2. The Little Door (restaurant)

Valerie from Los Angeles

Take your boo to DTLA! I recently went to Eat Drink Americano in the arts district. I was there with a group of friends but its perfect for date night too! Great food and a fun ambiance. 

Chaya Venice is a cute spot too. I didn't see Ashton and Mila but Olivia Wilde was enjoying a few drinks :)

1. Eat Drink Americano (attraction)
  2. Chaya Venice (attraction)

John from Carlsbad (California)

Spago Beverly Hills would be my suggestion.  It's very L.A. and the food is excellent.  Don't miss the Agnolotti- it's heavenly.

1. Spago Beverly Hills (restaurant)