Laura

Laura from San Francisco asked

Oceanside Easter brunch for two?

Where is a good spot for Easter brunch for two? Preferably somewhere right on the ocean with a deck/balcony. No set price; curious to hear any and all suggestions. 

My all-time most favorite ocean front restaurant is One Pico at Shutters On the Beach. The food is phenomenal and the view is totally insane. They also have two other great restaurants, The Living Room and Coast but nothing beats One Pico. The food is amazing and it is beyond lovely. GREAT celeb watching, too-I once saw Kevin Spacey there. If they would let me move in I would. 

Jillian
I second Shutters! Also, unrelated but if you have time for the spa.. highly recommend their facials too. :)

Courtney
What a great idea, Jillian!

1. One Pico (restaurant)
  2. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  3. The Living Room (attraction)
  4. Coast (restaurant)
Supun from Carson (California)

If you're looking for a nice view, you can check out the restaurants at Terranea Resort. You may want to call ahead to see if you need to make reservations on Easter. Here's the link to their restaurants

There's also El Torito at the Redondo Beach pier. It has a wonderful view, but the food can be average to decent. And Tony's on the Pier is right there as well. They have live music at 7pm.

1. Terranea Resort (hotel)
  2. El Torito (restaurant)
  3. Tony's on the Pier (restaurant)
Sarah

Shutters On the Beach is popular but classic.

JR from Manhattan Beach

One of the odd things is that there are fewer places to eat right on the beach/ocean in LA than you would expect. It seems like we should have tons of options all with amazing views, but not the case. I noticed you're other question that you're going to Geoffrey's Malibu which is one of those places and I think you'll enjoy it. Not as nice as Geoffrey's is Paradise Cove Cafe
It's literally right on the sand and the only place i know of that you can actually have a drink with your feet in the sand. It gets crowded and as far as i know they don't take reservations. But if you go there, check the tide charts, because at low tide you can take a walk north on the beach for quite a ways toward Point Dume State Beach.  

Another option is The Strand House in Manhattan Beach. It has a nice view overlooking the pier and they do take reservations.

From there a walk down the strand and/or pier is always a nice treat. :)

Andrew
Last time I called, Paradise Cove Cafe takes reservations via Open Table: http://www.opentable.com/paradise-cove-beach-cafe

1. Geoffrey's Malibu (restaurant)
  2. Paradise Cove Cafe (restaurant)
  3. Point Dume State Beach (attraction)
  4. The Strand House (restaurant)