Valerie

Laid back bars on the west side of LA

Hi!

Im looking for some low key bars to lounge about and enjoy a drink with friends. I moved to Los Angeles a few years ago and I feel as if all the bars I've been going to are really well known and draw larger crowds. I know Los Angeles has a ton of awesome bars and i've only been going to ones on the surface. 

Just looking for something a little more inconspicuous!

Jillian from Los Angeles

I've only lived on the west side for six months, but I love low key spots! Here are some I've found in my area. Hoping you haven't tried these yet.

On Main St. in Santa Monica, try the The Library Alehouse. Friendly bartenders, and nice place to grab some drinks in a laid back environment. I sat at the bar, but they also have an outside patio in back.

In Culver City, I'd recommend checking out Oldfield's Liquor Room for some trendy cocktails and a lively, but laid back vibe. Especially if you enjoy whiskey.

Close by, although I haven't been, I've heard good things about the Blind Barber. It's a speakeasy that is actually a barber shop in the front, and bar in the back! I mean it just sounds cool, right? Worth a try.

And for a random rec, there's a wine shop called Elvino on Abbot Kinney that also does wine tastings on the weekends. It's small, but laid back for sure.

Hope this helps!

1. Santa Monica (city)
  2. Culver City (city)
  3. Oldfield's Liquor Room (attraction)
  4. Blind Barber (attraction)
  5. Elvino (attraction)
  6. The Library Alehouse (restaurant)
  7. Abbot Kinney (attraction)

Mimi from Los Angeles

Roy Choi's restaurant A-Frame in Culver City is definitely one of my personal favorite bar and restaurant that is low-key yet still amazing. The drinks are delicious and the vibe is chill. The food there is great too! It's one of my go to spots on the Westside.

1. A-Frame (restaurant)

Justin from Seattle

Try the Alibi Room! Culver City is generally a pretty laid-back area in the west side. Also try Public School 310 and Backstage Bar & Grill

1. Alibi Room (restaurant)
  2. Public School 310 (restaurant)
  3. Backstage Bar & Grill (attraction)

Kristina from Los Angeles

If you haven't already, try Congregation Ale House. They have one in Pasadena, Long Beach, & Azusa. My favorite is the Long Beach one because I used to live near there but the Pasadena location is bigger, and I have yet to try the Azusa location. Its a chill bar that you can actually have a conversation in without yelling over the music! 

1. Congregation Ale House (attraction)

Noelle

Also try Bigfoot Lodge West on Venice and Sepulveda...fun ambiance, good drinks, and you can order empanadas from the place next door. Good stuff!

1. Bigfoot Lodge West (attraction)