jason

Is the valley the safest place in Los Angeles?

Wondering where the safest neigborhoods are in Los Angeles, and heard the valley is the safest area. Is this true? Where are the safest neighborhoods?

Kara from Los Angeles

After living in LA for over 11 years in several different areas, to me the safest neighborhoods are Burbank (California), Sherman Oaks, and Studio City. All do happen to be in the valley. 

1. Burbank (California) (city)
  2. Sherman Oaks (attraction)
  3. Studio City (city)

JP from Sherman Oaks, California

I grew up in the Valley. The middle and the north end are areas you wouldn't want to go. Burbank is great. Ventura Bl all the way though the valley is great. Topanga area is cool.

Eric from New York City

Chatsworth area is nice

1. Chatsworth (attraction)

Megan from Los Angeles

The valley isn't totally unsafe but there are definitely nicer and better areas. I work in the Valley and live on the Westside, so I get to experience both. The westside is a lot quieter, nicer and generally more safe feeling. Not to mention a little cleaner and more up to date. Every neighborhood has their own feel and "general population" for the most part. The Westside and smaller beach communities generally tend to be the safest though. I would avoid South Central and certain parts of East LA. 

Kristal from San Francisco

I couldn't agree with Breanna more. Just to add a few places: West Hollywood, Westwood, Los Feliz, Century City, CA, and Beverlywood

1. West Hollywood (city)
  2. Westwood (attraction)
  3. Los Feliz (neighborhood)
  4. Century City, CA (attraction)
  5. Beverlywood (attraction)

Breanna from Los Angeles

Los Angeles in general is pretty safe. Every city has it's areas (in LA, Downtown still has some problem areas plus some parts of South LA). Having walked just about everywhere throughout the city, I've pretty much always felt safe - it comes down to just using commonsense. Other safe areas include: Santa Monica and Playa del Rey, Mid-Wilshire, Beverly Hills and Brentwood.