Christine asked

How long does it take to get from Woodland Hills

How long does it take to get from Woodland Hills to LAX on a Friday afternoon and what is the best route?  I have a domestic flight which leaves at 7:15PM.

Jacquelyne from Los Angeles

Hi Christine,

Depending on traffic (not a question of if there will be traffic, it's a question of how much traffic will there be) it takes an hour - an hour and a half. You'll definitely want to account for Friday evening traffic and leave a bit earlier. The 101 South to the 405 South is the most direct route but I would check traffic before you leave to see if there are any major accidents. If your flight departs at 7:15 p.m., I would leave no later than 4p.m. to arrive around 5:30 p.m. ...if you have to park, turn in a rental car or check in bags leave earlier.

Hope that helps!

Lisa from Los Angeles

It could take as long as 2 hours. I recommended using WAZE to best figure out what time you need to leave.

Lucy from Studio City, California

It will probably take about an 1.5 -2 hrs depending on traffic, but definitely thats an hour and day that is very busy.  I would take the 101 S to Sepulveda and take that over or maybe use the 405 S if you have another person to use carpool.  Hope that helps!

Fritzi from San Francisco

This depends upon if you are driving and have to park, return a rental car and shuttle in or taking Uber or Super Shuttle. If you are driving I would allow 2 to 3 hours. If you could fly out of Burbank it would be so much easier. The 405 goes into LAX. Good luck ( I won't say, "enjoy.").