Chris

Going to LA Forum - need hotel / neighborhood suggestions

I'm attending 2 concerts at the end of July at the LA Forum and I'm looking for hotel and neighborhood options that won't be too far.  I know the only thing right around there are the airport options but I'm thinking something either more "beachy" or just a nicer neighborhood.  Is Santa Monica or Manhattan beach too far?  I won't have a car and will be relying on uber / lyft for travel to and from the venue.

Jeffrey from Los Angeles

We love @playa del rey area. It has a small town feel and right on the beach. It doesn't seem to far from the forum though I have never don't the drive. @venice is a funky place, we love to go to that beach. @el sugundo is a nice little place.

Jim

I work in El Segundowhich is next to the airport but is more appealing than the Los Angeles International Airport zone as far as places to eat and things to do.  Is is about 15 or 20  minutes Uber or Lyft to the The Forum from here.  There are several hotels right on Sepuveda Blvd in El Segundo. Hope that helps a bit. - JC

1. El Segundo (attraction)
  2. Los Angeles International Airport (attraction)
  3. The Forum (attraction)

Janelle from Charleston

I'd recommend Playa Del Rey Marina Del Rey or Manhattan Beach.  Santa Monica is a nice area to hang out in, but traffic is terrible.  

1. Playa Del Rey (attraction)
  2. Marina Del Rey (attraction)
  3. Manhattan Beach (city)
  4. Santa Monica (city)

I think you'll be OK in either Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach. Each is about 25-35 minutes away in theory--just allow extra time as traffic in Los Angeles can be shockingly bad. 

I don't know what your budget is, but one of my all-time most favorite hotels in the world is Shutters On the Beach in Santa Monica. If you go there, try to have lunch at One Pico which is in the hotel. 

As far as Manhattan Beach goes, the only hotel I'm familiar with there is Shade Hotel which is lovely and right in the center of things. 

C

1. Santa Monica (city)
  2. Manhattan Beach (city)
  3. Los Angeles (city)
  4. Shutters On the Beach (hotel)
  5. One Pico (restaurant)
  6. Shade Hotel (hotel)

MaryBeth from Los Angeles

Manhattan Beach is a little bit closer to the The Forum and there are a couple of small hotels there.  The restaurant scene there is pretty good and the beach bars are more friendly/old school IMHO.  Enjoy!

1. Manhattan Beach (city)
  2. The Forum (attraction)