Robert
Albuquerque

Los Angeles, Albuquerque, Phoenix

Fried chicken en route Albuquerque to LA road trip

Taking a road trip with my friends from Albuquerque to LA and we all love fried chicken, so we want to stop by as many places as possible!  We'll be stopping by several big cities and would like to try places there or anywhere along the way.  We'll be driving along the 40 and 10 and will stop off in these cities:

• Flagstaff
  • Scottsdale
  • Phoenix
  • Palm Springs
  • Riverside
  • Anywhere around LA (we're staying in West Hollywood for 5 days)

We're looking for really laidback, casual, and fairly quick places, not higher end restaurants.  Thanks!

Andreas from Manhattan

Are you just looking for any chicken that's fried?  Of course  Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles is great for Southern fried chicken and if you're willing to brave South LA, so are  Jim Dandy's Fried Chicken and  Louisiana Fried Chicken.  There's also this awesome takeout place called  Pioneer Chicken.

Besides Southern fried chicken, LA also has REALLY good Korean fried chicken.  You can go to  Koreatown (Los Angeles) and pretty much stop off at any place.  I've been to two good spots:  Country Koko Chicken, which actually has an option that's similar to Southern, and  OB Bear that has really good spicy fried chicken.

In Palm Springs, I had a great fried chicken sandwich at  Cheeky's.  I think that that's a breakfast and lunch place only.  

1. Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles (restaurant)
  2. Koreatown (Los Angeles) (neighborhood)
  3. Cheeky's (hotel)
  4. Jim Dandy's Fried Chicken (restaurant)
  5. Country Koko Chicken (restaurant)
  6. OB Bear (attraction)
  7. Louisiana Fried Chicken (restaurant)
  8. Pioneer Chicken (restaurant)

Brew from Manhattan Beach

Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles is the most famous, but I think the best fried chicken and waffles can be found at The Serving Spoon in Inglewood.

2. The Serving Spoon (restaurant)

Liz from Los Angeles

I don't know about the other cities, but I live in LA, so I know some LA spots!  The best fried chicken around Hollywood is probably  Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles.  There are two of them there, but my favorite places are in South LA --  Jim Dandy Fried Chicken and  Louisiana Fried chicken.  The area's a little dodgy, so just watch your back, but the food is sooooo good.  By the way, if you hit up Jim Dandy, make sure to get the fritters and some banana pudding!

2. Jim Dandy Fried Chicken (restaurant)
  3. Louisiana Fried chicken (restaurant)

Beverly from San Luis Obispo

Surprised no one has said this yet, but in LA, you've gotta go to Roscoe's House Of Chicken & Waffles!  You've probably heard of them.  Some fried chicken lovers call it overrated, but my bf and I always try to stop by when we're in LA.  Chicken and waffles.  It's that good!

Andrew from Minneapolis

The spicy chicken wings and the army soup are favorite menu choices at Toe Bang.  The late night drink specials also make it a popular stop for locals.

There's also the traveling Buttermilk Truck. I first tried Buttermilk on Appetite for Life. They serve up a variety of delicious breakfast dishes and fried chicken for dinner. Might I recommend the red velvet pancakes?

1. Toe Bang (restaurant)
  2. Buttermilk Truck (restaurant)