Talia
Boston

Coolest areas in Los Angeles for music, food and art?

I’ve been to Brooklyn once and loved it, so what neighborhoods in LA are most like Brooklyn? You know, where are the "hipster" areas in L.A.?

Spencer from Los Angeles

Every hood that I was going to mention, Miklos mentioned below. Los FelizI love for the food, since it's right there at Thai Town, but also is basically across the street from Griffith Park. Silver Lake I really think most closely resembles Brooklyn. Some great little bars and restaurants. The Thirsty Crow is one of my favorite whiskey bars in the city and Black Hogg is a AWESOME lunch spot for sandwiches. 

Venice is my favorite hood in L.A. I took my friend who lives in Brooklyn to Abbot Kinney and she loved it. Gjelina is fantastic any time of day, and Oscars Cerveteca is a great open-air restaurant/bar with an awesome happy hour. Townhouse Venice is a cool bar, since it was actually a bar that was open during prohibition. 

For live music there's The Satellite in Silver Lake and WitZend in Venice. For good art, go to Los Angeles Arts District in DTLA. Great street art and cool bars and restaurants, such as BestiaWurstküche RestaurantLittle Bear.

1. Los Feliz (neighborhood)
  2. Griffith Park (attraction)
  3. The Thirsty Crow (restaurant)
  4. Black Hogg (restaurant)
  5. Gjelina (restaurant)
  6. Oscars Cerveteca (restaurant)
  7. Townhouse Venice (restaurant)
  8. The Satellite (attraction)
  9. WitZend (restaurant)
  10. Los Angeles Arts District (neighborhood)
  11. Bestia (restaurant)
  12. Wurstküche Restaurant (restaurant)
  13. Little Bear (restaurant)

Miklos from New York City

I used to live in Brooklyn. Now I'm in LA. I would say Los Feliz & Silver Lake would come close, but Venice Beach and the Abbot Kinney area are very hip as well. Between these 4 you can't go wrong.

1. Los Feliz (neighborhood)
  2. Silver Lake (neighborhood)
  3. Venice Beach (city)
  4. Abbot Kinney (attraction)

Valerie from Los Angeles

Hey Talia,

+1 for Los Angeles Arts District! Great street art around that area and trendy little restaurants and bars. 

The Pie HoleAngel City BreweryBread Lounge, and Eat Drink Americano are a few of my favorites around there.

Things you can do: Walk around and gaze at the street art, check out Poketo, explore the Toy Factory Lofts and go into Downtown Design League and Alchemy Works. These places are made to be featured on all those hip Instagram accounts. Have fun! 

1. Los Angeles Arts District (neighborhood)
  2. The Pie Hole (restaurant)
  3. Angel City Brewery (attraction)
  4. Bread Lounge (restaurant)
  5. Eat Drink Americano (attraction)
  6. Poketo (attraction)
  7. Toy Factory Lofts (attraction)
  8. Downtown Design League (attraction)
  9. Alchemy Works (attraction)

Chris from Los Angeles

1. Silver Lake (neighborhood)
  2. Downtown Los Angeles (metro area)
  3. Venice Beach (city)
  4. Santa Monica (city)